User avatar

nixonblitzen

  • Randomosity Re: Yes, No, Black, White.

    Not if it's a cold one. Do I exist?

    Jun 24, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fighting

    Hi, Gwendolen! Welcome to YWS! Don't forget the 2:1 policy - make sure to do 2 reviews for every 1 piece of writing that you post. I like this. The ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Addiction

    Hi, GreatEscape. He only went inside the café because it was the first place he’d spotted where he could smoke inside . It was raining outside and he wanted warm ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Literary Merit

    I've watched the movies, but I could never finish pride & prejudice.

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    I just look at it and think, "Didn't you mean to type 'scarf'?" But other than that, it sounds like a fantasy story, so I probably wouldn't read it. Thick ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Inspiring lines from songlyrics

    "One smile that cheers you, One face that lights when it nears you. ... Love is the answer, Someone to love is the answer. Once you've found her, Build your ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Literary Merit

    I have to admit, I usually have a very cheap taste in books. I frequent the "Teen" section of the library. But I'm trying to become more classy in my ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Rosa never swims with me.

    This is really lovely, Eraqio. Reminds me of Annabel Lee by Poe. I like the rhyme. They found her face down in the water, peaceful as can be, but none ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Randomosity Archive Re: What does this username make you think of?

    a chubby mermaid. nixonblitzen

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    6/10 Uhn. I don't really want to continue reading because it seems like it'll throw me into something I don't understand and it'll be seven pages before it makes any ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    I liked it. Maybe 6/10? Maybe 7? I don't think you should use "always" twice in the second sentence, and I don't think you use the semicolon correctly. Maybe it's ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Unnamed

    Wow, Krupp's right! A poem that has a rhyme scheme and an actual rhythm? That is a rarity. So well done, just for that. I have to say I don't ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Nonsense Composed on the M25

    Dear Raimunda, These are really quite lovely. As nonsensical as ever I could have hoped. The first three near perfection. I guess I could nitpick and ask, what does it ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • General Articles Re: Writing Letters to a Ghost Town.

    Do you really want your innermost thoughts and feelings critiqued? Well, I'll just say a few things. Obviously, this had a very intimate, spoken type of feel. Like a stream ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Ode to my French Teacher

    Hello, fluteluvr. And yet, so many memories Have been made I don't like the passive voice here. There’s so much to thank for It’s hard to think of it all ...

    Jun 22, 2009


A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl