Random avatar

nate.b

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Ok I'll remember the rules :D My favourite books are: 'The Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak. However, poetry is my ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: “What was left unsaid”

    He is given the baby to hold in his strong arms; he remembers all he’s been told – how a newborn disarms a man’s heart; how a man begins to ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: “The chain and three dice”

    I bought the chain with my eyes when I saw it on display – no price tag, just a sticker that says ‘Special offer! A negotiable price!’ So I negotiated ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: “You say”

    “A star-filled sky” You say. “Just a pierced eye” I say. “The world is beyond the cape of night” You say. “The world is beneath the cape of night” I ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Best Friend Is Depressed

    'friend from enemy is impossible to tell.' How very true! I really like this poem. Its tone is spellbinding and the poem knows exactly where it's going. I have one ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Toxic

    Yes, I like this and I agree with Brendan. This poem sounds almost like a song. I also agree with his point about rhythm. This poem seems to have no ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Scar Electric

    'Severing the silence comes a diamond-splitting crack And the violating silhouette lies writhing on its back.' I really like this piece. Flawless rhythm and a brilliant rhyme scheme. The lines ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Loss of love

    I really like this, but I agree with the others. You have to be a little more careful when structuring your poem. Always check your punctuation (don't forget apostrophes) and ...

    Feb 27, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Hi! My name is Nathan Bednarek. I'm 18 and I live in London. I love all kinds of literature, but I always admired poetry the most. I write poems about ...

    Feb 27, 2009


The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians