User avatar

napalmerski

  • Fiction Discussion Re: what writing level should be used?

    In the end, I've come up with the following attempt at balance - writing in three-stage ascending waves: 1. write stuff I can handle 2. write stuff I can handle ...

    May 23, 2010
  • Novel Workshop Re: The Linked Worlds

    I love the concept. Cynosure rules! Grimjack's adventures mean anything to you? Excellent comic book from the early 80's. I also have a concept waiting for its time which is ...

    May 21, 2010
  • Novel Workshop Re: Tears of Fire(Would like readers/reviewers)

    Dankeshen, dankeshen :D If you really will use this program, keep in mind that with the 'save as' option you can save it as ordirnary 'windows word' which other can ...

    May 21, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: jump starting the writer inside

    Yo Tusker, that's sound advice! But I'll follow it later :D Let's view this as a practice burst - I'll fiddle with varying genres just to get the overal feel ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Children of God, Prologue

    Yo, I almost never review plot, characters, and grammar, only style and sentence structure. Here goes: They had been told of an abundance of food and jobs that awaited them ...

    May 19, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Fall-- До Свидания, Икар

    Yo, nice story, and I almost relaxed into expecting a longer adventure to unfold, before the ice cracked. It is Icarus after all:) Nice way of turning the heat of ...

    May 18, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Present Past

    Yo, this is quite nice, confusing, stream of consiousness impressionism. Actually I'm a sucker for small hints of important past events interwoven into babble. It seemed to be waiting for ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Castle series chapter 1

    Yo, adventure! Castles in the desert! Choppers with missiles, wheee! Here is my basic feedback/advice, using as basis the first sentences. The chopper was heavily armed with several missiles and ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Found Letter

    Yo, I read this fragment, it was nice, dynamic style. Two sentences which I suggest need some attention: I think like this for several seconds, my thoughts are choppy and ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: jump starting the writer inside

    Right, I've very few things to do until mid July. Then I've got stuff to do. I can again start writing seriously in September. So, until said mid July, I'll ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: I can't start one! huhu :'(

    Right after high school I became a journalist for a newspaper. One of the editors, a sympathetic woman, gave me ivaluable advice about writing. It was about writing articles, but ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: The Importance of Telling

    I think, that sometimes even up to 80% of 'tell/show' ratio is acceptable, especially if it's a high lit book, or a pulp adventure :D

    May 16, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Authonomy experiment - concluded

    Right you are, .:Elf:., I checked Inkpop out, absolutely the same crud. What is it with these sites? A secret project to condition people to being useless lying dweebs with ...

    May 15, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: what writing level should be used?

    Yo Kibble, I meant more or less the opposite :D If, for example, someone writes a Maximum Ride type of book, a Silence of the Lambs type of book, and ...

    May 14, 2010
  • Novel Workshop Re: Tears of Fire(Would like readers/reviewers)

    Here's abiword - free program, equivalent of a 90's windows word. Handles anything, has its limitations, but will serve your purpose

    May 9, 2010


But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took