User avatar

musingsmutterings

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Unintentional Objectification

    First off, objectification isn't always bad - it's a key component of sexual fantasies, which are perfectly normal and healthy. The problem arises when a person/group of people (in this ...

    Oct 18, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay rights? (cont)

    @Dude McGuy I don't think you realize that your idea of "likelihood" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your car insurance analogy is faulty - 16-21 year old men, primarily due to ...

    Jul 5, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay rights? (cont)

    I think we simply have radically different ideas of what a civil marriage is. I think a civil marriage should be a government-recognized reflection of social reality, not merely civil/economic ...

    May 16, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay rights? (cont)

    @Dude McGuy - that does sound extremely cold, and I'm not sure it reflects reality in any way. Yes, citizens are required to serve their country (in wars - though ...

    May 15, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay rights? (cont)

    Not sure why I'm throwing my hat into the ring, but here goes. Full disclosure, I'm a liberal gay agnostic. First off, I'd like to say that fundamentalist Christianity DOES ...

    Apr 7, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay rights, gay marriage, and other such gayness

    Not sure I really want to jump into this debate, but... here goes. Karzkin, I just want to say that (speaking as someone who's gay) I find your most recent ...

    Mar 18, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Best Film of 2013?

    My Favorites Right Now: 1. Inside Llewyn Davis 2. Her 3. Before Midnight 4. Neighboring Sounds 5. 12 Years a Slave 6. The Wolf of Wall Street 7. Blue Jasmine ...

    Feb 22, 2014
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: God or not?

    Hmm, I disagree with your point here. I consider myself atheist, because I do not believe in any form of deity. However, I accept that it is not impossible - ...

    Dec 22, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: God or not?

    First off, I don't think anyone here's intent is to offend anyone. We're all perfectly okay with people being Christian, even if we think there are better alternatives. Second, most ...

    Dec 21, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is euthanasia right or wrong?

    Rebnide, how does that interfere with your beliefs other than the fact that you'd like everyone to be a Chriatian? You're free to practice whatever religion you like, and we'll ...

    Dec 20, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: God or not?

    To start things off. If we, as Christians, can't prove that God exists, then how does one prove that God DOES NOT exist? Let's say I invent a religion in ...

    Dec 18, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A topic for the atheist.

    I'd just like to say that first off, whenever we get into a discussion about the nature of evil and kindness, it's important to remember that evil is not quantifiable. ...

    Dec 18, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS Reviewing Committee

    I'm very, very new here, but if you'll have me I'd participate in such a committee.

    Dec 18, 2012


Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley