User avatar

mtempleton

  • Media Reviews Re: Wuthering Heights

    I don't know why, but I struggle with Wuthering Heights. I feel like i need a flow diagram or something. Can anyone offer any pearls of wisdom? I feel like ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Finnegans Wake (James Joyce)

    Just to add: I studied Joyce all last year and, by the end, I was loving it. This might change if i ever read Ulysses... Anyway, bear in mind the ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Aaagh. How can you dislike Mortal Engines? It was my favourite book as a kid. I don't even care that Shrike was the Terminator and that the next three books ...

    Aug 26, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    you guys make me laugh. All so true You know you're a writer when writing becomes more difficult for you than it is for normal people. Or when you have ...

    May 15, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Character concept drawing

    Hello again, and thank you for the gaelic sites. This is a great drawing and an interesting concept. thank you for sharing! I like your work here, its very... symetrical? ...

    Apr 23, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Suggestions Needed!

    Must say this first - I think Forever Threnody meand A GATHERING Light by Jenniffer Donnely. Read it first! Best book ever. From the books you listed, A Catcher in ...

    Mar 28, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight

    Yep Twilight definately has its issues. I was swept along at the start, and I still hold it as a guilty pleasure. But after reading all four books in the ...

    Mar 9, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    Hmmm. Isn't the plot of the story basically about the character's issues? Perfect characters are boring unless there to make a point about how terrible the other characters are OR ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What sounds do drums make?

    I sing in a band, and having practiced in a small room with a phenomenally excitable and passionate drummer, I can say that there isn't really an onomatopoeia (can't spell) ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Villlain

    I'm not so hot with the mythical creatures. Used to watch Hercules a lot, but other than that... What about a villain who was purely human, without magical powers or ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Fire less

    Excellent picture. How did you do it? You know what it reminds me of is the computer game Okami. Not sure if you've ever heard of it. My comment as ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Graphic Pencil--Fantasy art

    Very cool wizard. Has great intensity in his face and in the shading. For once, I don't need to say "add more tone!" Thank You! I like the folds in ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Anime picture I drew on paint shop pro

    How on earth did you do this?! The hands and feet are fine, by the way. I always cheat by hiding them in pockets and stuff so bravo. Maybe try ...

    Oct 1, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: SORA- pencil version

    Yay! I love Kingdom Hearts and I love Sora. Your Sora is very beautiful, if a little young looking. This drawing is quite different from the way I would work ...

    Sep 30, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Portraits

    The last is my favourite! The light is great and I don't think you need to trim it at all. I think you need to work on the first two ...

    Sep 3, 2008


In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost