User avatar

mtempleton

  • Other Re: On Orcs

    Hmmm, thought provoking, well reasoned argument you have here. When it comes to LOTR there is no such thing as over thinking. It's true to say that Sauron is a ...

    Mar 12, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight

    Yep Twilight definately has its issues. I was swept along at the start, and I still hold it as a guilty pleasure. But after reading all four books in the ...

    Mar 9, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    Hmmm. Isn't the plot of the story basically about the character's issues? Perfect characters are boring unless there to make a point about how terrible the other characters are OR ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What sounds do drums make?

    I sing in a band, and having practiced in a small room with a phenomenally excitable and passionate drummer, I can say that there isn't really an onomatopoeia (can't spell) ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Villlain

    I'm not so hot with the mythical creatures. Used to watch Hercules a lot, but other than that... What about a villain who was purely human, without magical powers or ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Writing for a living: a job or a chore?

    I can see myself writing for a living, but only if I marry someone rich. Otherwise I'd have to get a job to earn money and then write all night, ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Thoughts about Pianos

    Hi everyone! I posted this a couple of moonths ago with plans to turn it into an actual short story rather than some random metaphor thing. That didn't happen. I ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • General Articles Re: Kids in the playground

    Hi there! This works really well. Although I was drawn in by the bi-line. Serious lack of onion rings in this piece. I digress. I think we've all been in ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: An Ode to Google

    He he. One rhythm error, I think. Stanza 3 "comcast just can't compete" cut "just." Othere than that, for fun, it was brilliant. I don't want to criticise. Ah google. ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Heaven on Earth

    A review for you. My comments are bracketted. Feel free to dismiss them if you wish! Hope it's clear enough. Heaven on Earth I wonder sometimes what life would be ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Home

    Fire is right. You captured the characters really well. Especially Tifa, I think. I always feel sorry for Tifa. There's a serious lack of Final Fantasy fanfiction. Please write some ...

    Feb 5, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Regifting

    Hi guys. Thanks for these comments - exceptionally helpful. Bravo! Most of the things you found are either typos (how is that possible when I edited this down from being ...

    Feb 5, 2009
  • Scripts Re: Author and Character

    Hello! Would you believe that I actually have conversations like this with my characters? it's worst when I have to kill them... I can't really find a way to critique ...

    Feb 3, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Regifting

    Part of the brief for this piece was that I had to keep the words below 300. It's called microfiction, apparently. Anyway, I'm still not sure - for obvious reasons ...

    Feb 3, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Dead

    ok I'm studying english and reading James Joyce's "The Dead." this is really not the same thing. I'm almost shocked by this. Firstly, as you've been told, you have to ...

    Jan 29, 2009


Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri