User avatar

mfoley

  • Fiction Discussion Re: First, second or third?

    I find 3rd person past limited by far the easiest form to write in. I prefer my narrators to be coldly detached from the struggles of the characters, and that's ...

    Sep 6, 2015
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Character Ininitiation

    Agreed with some of the others: self-training would be more original, and would allow for moments of comic relief as he makes mistakes in training (if that's what you're going ...

    Aug 18, 2015
  • Poetry Discussion Re: I have a question for you guys?

    I'm very new to poetry; I've always written fiction, but recently decided to branch out and experiment. To me, poetry is simply a format of expression, and, occasionally, observation of ...

    Aug 8, 2015
  • Media Reviews Re: Movies that are better than books!

    Winter's Tale. Not a particularly great movie, but two hours of tedious, fantastical mush is a lot more manageable than a thousand pages of tedious, fantastical mush.

    Jan 1, 2015
  • Media Reviews Re: What's your favorite video game?

    There has never been more of a cinematic experience than with The Last of Us. But the games with the most staying power for me have always been Kingdom Hearts ...

    Dec 17, 2014
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Advice on New Idea?

    First of all, Rosey is onto something with the Communism analogy. My #1 piece of advice to anyone attempting to write dystopian fiction is best illustrated by The Windup Girl, ...

    Dec 17, 2014


attempting foot extraction
— Mea