User avatar

marzipan

  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    I pick a nationality and the search "german surnames" or something on google, then scroll through the pages sometimes for hours before I find one I like. It should sound ...

    Mar 10, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Own Pet Thread

    This is my darling Mo (Moses, Momo, Momtaro, Hobo, Homo, Hominy, Stinker, Schookums, Sweet, Handsome, Pooch, Bobo, etc), the neurotic, paranoid German Shepherd/Rotweiler/DuckTolling Retriever/everythi

    Mar 6, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: C.A.R.E. 13+

    I read somewhere that boys around the age of 14 are the most likely to commit sexual assault or rape. Which is weird, because none of my boys would do ...

    Mar 4, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Got a Joke?

    Q: Why did Janey fall out of the tree? A: Because she had no arms.

    Feb 26, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: hurt me, hurt me

    Hair – oiled and sullen, cut as if daring them to just ask Lips – red like your guilt so quick to jump upside-down so eager to part with a ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Series of Sad Stuff

    All I can say is...thank you. Thank you for sharing, for feeling, for writing. That's all just brought me back down to earth. Beautiful and horrible and painful just to ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: To Win a Date

    I like...you have a good metaphor going there, and some nice lines. The opening two lines don't seem to fit - the rest of the poem rhymes, while those two ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Death Penalty. Right Or Wrong?

    Ugh, sorry, completely off topic >

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Death Penalty. Right Or Wrong?

    In the whole scheme of things, what's another human dead? We're overpopulated as it is, and only finding more and more ways to kill our only predators - illness and ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Weird Fears

    Uh. Small, childlike things like Santa's elves and OompaLoompas and porcelin dolls. I like kids but fake ones...creep me out. When I was about 5, I was scared shitless of ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Post your own Pic thread

    Tess, you're hell of cute. Hope you smile like that as often as you can.

    Feb 16, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Equal rights for homosexuals

    H'okay. Why does this even have to be brought up? People. People? People. PEOPLE! It's like asking the thoughtful question, "Do you think black people should be treated like everybody ...

    Feb 16, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Best Band Ever

    [quote="Firestarter"][quote]and the Clash[/quote] Damn, I almost forgot them. Well, they're very high in my list.[/quote] le GASP! But at least you remembered them, eh? (I say eh because I'm Canadian.

    Feb 16, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death, what happen's next?

    Mah mother was a Christian, mah father is a Buddhist. I say was and is because it's like that. My Mom's not really religious anymore. So my dad believes in ...

    Feb 15, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Best Band Ever

    As far as personal preferences go, Bright Eyes is the best band. Period. But then there's the Beatles, of course, and the Clash, and ooh! and the Unicorns, yes. Plus ...

    Feb 15, 2005


One of the things I love about YWS is the quote generator. For example, I'm reading a really serious work, and then I see "Moo. - cow" at the bottom of the page.
— Darlet