-
Re: Music When Writing?
I like to listen to "The Monster's Loose" by Meat Loaf and it gets me excited and I want to write!
Apr 6, 2007 -
Re: Writing Historical Fiction
Your right. You could be writing about something that didn't even happen.
Mar 14, 2007 -
Re: Ways to get ideas of what to write
Loads of people say this and they are right. Where di9d you get this from?
Feb 23, 2007 -
Re: SAS?
I'm...not compeltely sure this is the place for questions like these—More like writing tips or something. I'd like it if it was science fiction, AS IN you knew a lot ...
Feb 17, 2007 -
Re: SAS?
I'm writing a fiction story about an SAS team that is sent to Iran to destroy military factories and Nuclear Research Departments. Then they discover that Iran have a nuclear ...
Feb 17, 2007 -
Re: A young dreamer's Novels.
The second one will be, once I actually finish the first chapter, and edit it. I can't wait to read it!
Feb 9, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
I think I agree with The Bird, sometimes titles cath a readers eye. Atticka sounds interesting, I'll give it a look over. I've posted it on Action/Adventure. It's titled 'Atticka ...
Feb 9, 2007 -
Re: A young dreamer's Novels.
Qamar, These ideas are excellent and I really want to read them. Get them posted! :D
Feb 9, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
Just "Atticka"? Hmmm.....depends what genre, I guess. Atticka is action/adventure. It's a branch of British Intelligence
Feb 9, 2007 -
Re: Local Miracle
I'd ask him what happens in this other world and if it was good, I'd volunteer, I think
Feb 8, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
Personally, the first thing I see about a story (whether on YWS or in the bookstore) is the title. I know sometimes it can be hard to come up with ...
Feb 8, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
I usually go for symbolism, it doesn't always work for others, but I love it. Get the reader to become familiar with the setting/world, a common fair can be turned ...
Feb 8, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
Basically, tension . Pose the problem, the story questions. Get the readers to ask, "what's going to happen next?" Or, "why did this happen?" Make the readers care about solving ...
Feb 8, 2007 -
Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?
Get Writers' And Artists' Yearbook 2007. I've got it and I find it VERY useful. JK Rowling used it and she said it was brilliant.
Feb 8, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
Start in the middle, with some sort of action already taking place. Or use your first line to build a sense of mystery. Examples, taken from my own work: "Leo ...
Feb 8, 2007
