User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Random Thought for the Day: I think Ian's and Jake's names need to change. It's frustrating, because they've been Ian and Jake since they popped into my head, but there ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Finding the know-it-all.

    This is a very good point - one that I definitely need to work on, lol.

    May 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Lyrical Sunshine, in response to a much eariler comment... My Friend: Do you want to go to a free room? Me: I'd much rather stay here- have you seen Josh? ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Well, I'm officially done with school, so my hiatus is over...sort of. I picked up Firebrand again on Friday and I stopped writing, started listening. My characters had a lot ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question

    Go to the Literary forums and click "post reply" on someone's work if you want to review something. If you find some mistakes in someone's story, just kindly explain to ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What if I don't have anything to put?

    Hmm...I guess you could, although it probably wouldn't matter a lot. Just mention how long you've been writing and your plot should speak for itself. Write a great summary! :D

    May 6, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: relay

    Well, first of all, don't write for the professionals - write for yourself. If you like Pyro and that's firmly, inescapably, irrevocably his name...well, that's that. And I'm sorry, I'm ...

    May 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What if I don't have anything to put?

    Make stuff up! Lol, just kidding. But seriously, don't be afraid to brag a little. If you're in college/university and you've gotten great grades in your literature/English classes, that's worth ...

    May 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    The Exam 1. Does nothing happen in the first fifty pages? EVERYTHING happens within the first fifty pages. 2. Is your main character a young farmhand with mysterious parentage? Uh, ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    First Names: Samara Liana Brea Joel Matthias Walker Payden Parker Kreston Griffin Sabrina Selena Last Names: Ott Samuelson Whitehorse Lovelady Nemur Soon

    Apr 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    Yeah, I do these after I start writing - usually by the second draft. By that time I know what I want them to be like, so I can fill ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Names

    Hey, Gryph - the name "Brea" means "beauty beyond sight." That would be highly appropriate for a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. :D And that has happened to me ...

    Apr 28, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Pirates

    Hmmm...I would say don't make Darien's father the pirate, because it automatically makes me think of Will Turner. Be a little more original. Other than that, it sounds like a ...

    Apr 28, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Names

    Jake, Vanessa, Dax, and Serenity just kind of popped into my head - I don't know why. Marc's name was very strategically chosen - go look up "Marcella" on babynames. ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: what are some good villan names?

    I have a "pure evil" character. Her name is Rachael - meaning "innocent lamb." :D You could try something like that.

    Apr 25, 2008


Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief