User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Dear sweet merciful Lord in heaven...I just found a scrap of the first draft of "Firebrand," back when it was still called "Touch of Fire" (gag). Thank God for my ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Cammie's Asylum

    Don't people know they're disturbing the creative process? Haha, I told my mom that and she just blinked at me. Mothers don't get it. Really, they don't. My mom complains ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: On a new journey...

    Oh wow, double congratulations then! :D I have no doubt that your book will be successful - just try to market it a little bit, even if you are self-publishing. ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to string everything together

    I carry a notebook with me. Whenever I get a new idea, whether it's a character or a new creature or a scene that's running through my head, I write ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Reading this after I wrote my first romantic scene ever, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. :D My guy was covered in cuts and bruises, my girl was faintly hysterical ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: On a new journey...

    I personally agree with GML. I seriously thought about self-publishing for a while, but then I decided that if it's not good enough for an agent or a publisher to ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    I think Firebrand is going to be just a little bit longer than 75,000 words...like, possibly closer to 85,000. I'm a little astonished at how much STUFF is going into ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    I am purple! *huggles username* *huggles admins* Let's see, advice...well, my characters were really awkward to start out. It wasn't exactly a declaration of love or a moment of passion;it ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    (Cute, twit.) I somehow made it through a romantic scene without vomiting up cheese, without rushing, and without inserting my characters into soap operas. They remained real and angst-ridden instead ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Cammie's Asylum

    I love dreams that turn into stories. :D It's like a freebie. Good luck! The WWIII story sounds awesome, and I actually wasn't confused by it...does that make me crazy ...

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Making them breathe

    For me personally, characterization is the hardest and also the most entertaining part of writing a story. Your main character's personality, background, likes, dislikes, family - these all affect wha

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    My prettyful writing notebook: *huggles* What would I do without it?

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Untitled WIP

    No!! Don't delete it - it just needs to be moved. I skimmed through it the other day, and it seems very good. One thing I did notice though - ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    It's almost 10:30 here, but I'm not tired. I don't think I'll be tired for the next month. After 80 pages of confusion, pain, frustration, and ridiculous plot twists that ...

    Jun 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character invisioning

    Hey, there's actually a thread for this in either the Lounge or the Randomness section...I should know, I started it. :D

    Jun 24, 2008


Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet