User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: Into the Male mind...

    I hang out with guys a lot more than I hang out with girls, so it's actually EASIER for me to write about guys. Basically - guys say what they ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Try writing while half-asleep

    Ick. I had a dream about the villain in my story last night. Well, actually it was a totally different person, but her the girl's personality in my dream was ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    *points to the top of the forum* There's a stickied thread that says something like "Essential websites for anyone trying to get published". They're really helpful sites - they'll tell ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Research Re: Writer's Conferences

    I don't have any advice for you. Try - they have information on everything under the sun, so they probably have something on writers' conferences. :D

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Re: When your research comes up short

    Okay, so I just decided that I officially love Google Earth. I found it by following the river via satellite images, and the place is...weird. Sunken scrap metal and old ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Re: When your research comes up short

    Haha, yeah, I tried to go look at it. You can't get there by land. The riverbank is sloshy and marshy and it's impossible to hike through. Plus, people yell ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Re: When your research comes up short

    Okay, so here's the story: My novel is set in my hometown and the whole plot revolves around a waterfall. I have never seen this waterfall - only heard about ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    I started a livejournal to update my writing/revising/publishing news about Firebrand. The LJ is also full of little rants about books and movies, stories behind the story, and random writing ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes Purple Prose?

    I would really like to know this too. I have never understood what "purple prose" is.

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Try writing while half-asleep

    I pulled an all-nighter to finish Firebrand, and I actually think it turned out ok. Until the ending. The ending was a cop-out because I was exhausted and I just ...

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: *Victory Fist Pump*

    Lucky! I want $500! lol. Congratulations. Don't spend it all in one place. :D

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Hi everybody! *waves* Guess what I just did? I just stayed up until 5 a.m. finishing a 85,500 word novel that I call Firebrand . *breaks into hysterical giggles and ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    So, I just hit 80,000 words last night. *does happy dance* Three cheers for my technically-adult-fiction novel! "Word Count for first time novelist: Adult fiction: 80,000-100,000 words. Young Adult fi

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Essential websites for anyone trying to get published

    Wow! I've been stickied! *feels loved* Glad I could help! I found these sites really useful, so I figured other people would too.

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Essential websites for anyone trying to get published

    ^ This site has absolutely everything you need. How to format a query, the standard length of young adult and adult fiction, lists of reputable agents, publishing companies... ^ This ...

    Jul 26, 2008


If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos