User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: names

    that one's always good for me. and, of course, my handy-dandy phonebook. :D

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Agent or Publisher: who do I contact first?

    i haven't quite finished my novel yet either, but everything I've read suggests you go through an agent first. This one is like "Publishing for Dummies" ^

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writing Journal

    It also keeps me entertained in science class. ;)

    Jan 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writing Journal

    I have a writing journal - it is very useful. i'm constantly adding to it and embellishing it, it's great for keeping track of things.

    Jan 5, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Turning Ideas into Novels

    One thing that might help you stay with writing something is to start up character journals. Just write entries from the perspective of the various characters in the story. That ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing Motivation

    when i realized that my first draft was awful, i took about six months off from it and did a whole lot of tinking and writing. i started keeping a ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting a sentence with And or But

    i agree with Snoink. I think it's great for effect. we had to read a book in English last semester called "The Lively Art of Writing," and it talked about ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Resolutions

    1. Finish the second draft of Firebrand by the time I graduate. 2. Let someone I'm afraid of help me edit (i.e. my Nazi English teacher - gulp). 3. Read ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Sidestepping Mary Sewage

    i found another really good quiz that gives you a more in-depth answer than Sam's (I liked yours too, Sam! awesome article!) these were my results: Marcella is only a ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    *singsong voice* I GOT A LAPTOP! I GOT A LAPTOP! WOOHOO!! Needless to say I've been writing almost nonstop since Christmas - partly because I am inspired and partly because ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: My Book!

    cool! :D we need more books like that.

    Dec 17, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Would YOU read this??

    i like it! :D at first i thought their moving to Australia was a little random, but then you explained it and i felt better about it. go for it ...

    Dec 11, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Most people need ideas

    do them all! :D

    Dec 4, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: setting myself up for an epic battle.

    cool. what an original idea. :D good luck!

    Dec 4, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    I find it really depressing that I am the only one commenting on this thread, and I'm the author. Is my obsession really that boring? Well, anyway, I wrote Chapter ...

    Nov 30, 2007


"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov