User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: Cutting out a Character

    I hate giving up on anyone, even if they're imaginary. It's more fun to re-figure them, re-create them, and make them entirely new people. Ayden's got some good qualities because ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Sex Scenes

    Although I don't like sex scenes in books (or movies, really) and I think the fade-out scene works best, James Patterson writes sex scenes well without becoming pornographic. Like in ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Calvin & Hobbes Comic Strip On Writing

    *ahem* MOST of us don't have rejection slips thrown at the back of our head... lol just kidding. i haven't finished my novel yet so I haven't yet discovered the ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Research Re: Interesting 'Quirks' ;) (Such as Synesthesia)

    not fair! i want a cool condition like synesthesia! lol. good luck, Monki. I guess everybody found all the interesting diseases, so I don't have anything else to say lol.

    Jan 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing

    Don't ever send out your manuscript to a publisher who asks for a fee. Most likely they're just trying to rip you off. An agent is definitely a good way ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Playlist

    woohoo! classic rock, well done. I've acquired a taste for classic rock since I met my boyfriend. his iPod is full of Aerosmith and Def Lepperd and

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Getting published in magazines - any suggestions?

    Teen Ink is a good one. I think it's got some pretty high-quality stuff in it. Some of the fiction pieces are excellent. Some are just okay, but that's life. ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Sometime in the past three weeks or so I've sort of acquired a fan club. Well, maybe not fans, but readers anyway. It began when I finally got sick and ...

    Jan 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Playlist

    ooh, Anberlin and Paramore and Relient K are good. I don't listen to any of the others.

    Jan 15, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Playlist

    Creed Lifehouse Disciple Skillet Thousand Foot Krutch P.O.D. Linkin Park Nickelback Evanescence Yeah...that's pretty much it. "Firebrand" is kind of an angsty, emotional book, as you can probably tell

    Jan 14, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Honor

    Wow. I've been working on mine for two years and it's not even close to finished. Congratualtions! Make sure you edit, and tighten everything up - it'll do wonders for ...

    Jan 14, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Would you ever read it??

    My friends and I have an ongoing joke that when we're twenty-one we're going to backpack around Europe...that's what I thought of instantly when you said that lol. So yes, ...

    Jan 13, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    *nods sympathetically* I feel your pain. Although Marcella usually shouts snide remarks at idiotic boys. And thank you for commenting! I was beginning to think I was abandoned!

    Jan 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Annoying Writing Quirks

    there's a really wonderful activity that my English teacher introduced to me - it's called freewriting. you just sit down with a paper and pencil and write everything that comes ...

    Jan 10, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need TITLE to finnished book!

    oooh...toughie. I'll have to think about that.

    Jan 10, 2008


Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman