User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writers Corner Re: Sunshine and Rain, Angels and Writer's Block: A Journal

    Psssh. FIREBRAND was the first book I ever finished. I can't even get through poems most of the time. Don't worry about it. You'll fall madly in love with a ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Thanks, Butterfly! And I'm so glad your characters are bugging you, because if they didn't, then I would. :) I firmly believe that everyone on YWS right now could be ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing for Publishing?

    Haha, don't let the violence and innuendo stop you, niccy. You're probably more likely to get published if your book has that "edgy" factor instead of the butterflies and unicorns. ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Is this the one with the [s]cool[/s] freaky school that I really want to go to? The trailer for it looks so cool, btw. Lol, yes twit, that's the one. ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Fabulous, lol. That's sort of what I was going for. Hopefully literary agents will feel the same way. Well, to give everyone an update, I started a new story based ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Lol, Brandon, I'm so glad you asked. *insert query summary here* What would you do if your worst nightmare was the only thing that could save your life? After her ...

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Protagonists

    Totally sounds cool. I like the idea that she dreams of him first. That's awesome.

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Hear ye, hear ye. Sunny has officially begun Firebrand's fabulous sequel, titled...um...well, that'll come in time. And it has a plot. And new characters. And prettyful twists that will probably ...

    Dec 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Start Writing or Write an Outline..!

    I did both. :D My first draft I just wrote and wrote and wrote - vomiting words without any idea what was going on. Once the first draft was almost ...

    Dec 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: mutli-genre

    Try having this problem when you're querying literary agents, trying to get it published. :P "Well, the narrator's seventeen, so I guess it's young adult, and HALF of it takes ...

    Dec 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: world creating

    History is vital to world-creating. Wars. Racism. Trade. Imports/exports. Government. Map out the last hundred years before you do anything in the present. It's a lot more fun than it ...

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Magic and Technology

    "The Death Collector" has kind of some examples of science/technology meets the magical or the unexplained. It's not a great book, but it will probably give you some ideas. :)

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Sunny's Update: Sent out one more partial manuscript to an agent who requested it. She read it in one day, said she loved Marc's voice and narrative, but she wasn't ...

    Dec 15, 2008
  • Research Re: Question for the Girls Here

    Smile first. Then definitely personality - I like a sense of humor and friendliness. And a huge turn on for me is if a guy likes kids. Maybe that's lame ...

    Dec 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To get a novel published?

    I posted a thread a while back that is stickied at the top of this forum... "Essential websites for writers trying to get published," or something like that. Those sites ...

    Nov 29, 2008


If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France