User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: Story Planning Method

    great advice, cat! I do most of that myself. :D of course, you have to be careful when you're making your characters like people you know - someone could get ...

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To Character Chart, or Not To Character Chart...

    I do that, but I don't "chart" exactly. I just dedicate one or two pages to them in my sacred pink composition notebook, and I write about them. It looks ...

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Discriptions

    ooooh... *is jealous of Suzanne's pretty descriptions* I agree with method B. If it helps, this is the first paragraph of my story - not really an infodump, but it ...

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Post, Read, Review, Meet New People!

    Click on "home" and "edit my profile." it'll show up next to your avatar. :D nice meeting you by the way! i'm Sunny *cyber-handshake.*

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips on Drawing a Map for My Novel

    this might help:

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Research Re: Lefty Discrimination

    yeah, volleyball was weird. it was like, "Oh...she's a leftie...that means she's a right-side hitter!" which sucked, 'cause I'm a terrible offensive player lol. the dinner table is weird, as ...

    Jan 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    :shock: I almost called one of my friends Jake the other day. P.S., Jake is the main male character in my novel. Sorry, just had to throw that out there. ...

    Jan 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: One of those poor souls

    This actually sounds like a really cool idea, but I agree with Sleeping Valor. You need to give her a REASON to want to make a bunch of friends. Maybe ...

    Jan 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Has anyone actually...?

    :D I was just reading that article last night, Kadie. It was very helpful.

    Jan 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Websites for Writers

    Okay, sorry, I'll edit that and make it a link. And I realize that college isn't evil, I just appreciated the fact that she was encouraging those who never went ...

    Jan 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Websites for Writers

    THIS WOMAN IS MY HERO!!!!

    Jan 23, 2008
  • Research Re: Interesting 'Quirks' ;) (Such as Synesthesia)

    I think ADHD is a load of baloney. I think frustrated parents label their hyperactive boys as ADHD because they want the doctors to give them drugs. I like ADHD ...

    Jan 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Websites for Writers

    I've become fairly addicted to these: ^ for those who desperately want to be published but have no idea where to start - "writing for dummies" if you will. ^ ...

    Jan 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Sidestepping Mary Sewage

    yeah! *hi-fives Ayra* It's ok, "Sunny" is what my character's boyfriend calls her lol, so I understand.

    Jan 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many drafts do you do?

    I'm only on my second draft of Firebrand, but about once a week I go through the book and edit chapters. As for when and how long I write, I ...

    Jan 21, 2008


All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe