User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: Swear words in a story

    "he swore loudly" or "he swore violently" is a good substitute, and it doesn't get old. i have the same problem. sometimes i need to spell out my swearwords, but ...

    Apr 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Yay! My sabbatical is going really well! (Is that an oxymoron? I don't really know...) What I really mean to say is that I got some of the tangles in ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How long is/was your longest story?

    I'm at like 38,000, but I'm on a sabbatical (lol, sounds so professional). When I'm finished it may be around 50,000.

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help on making something not cheesy

    Just make your characters real. People get mad at each other, they fight, they cry, they scream, they get scared, they're uncomfortable, they change their minds - don't make their ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Playlists

    I have a writing playlist! It actually evolved sort of accidentally. I just started hearing songs that reminded me of my story. It's really helpful to play them when you're ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does age really matter?

    When writing query letters you're not supposed to put your age, but you ARE supposed to list any qualifications you have. So if you've taken college classes in high school, ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Lol, thank you very much!

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Well, progress on my novel has officially stopped for a while. I'm taking a sabbatical, which will probably last until I graduate. There are a couple reasons for this. One: ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Favorite Form of Procrastination?

    YWS and Youtube. *blushes*

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Sidestepping Mary Sewage

    ^ that's a good point. Even if you're characters are a little cliche, if they're good characters, they still have merit.

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    I have a pretty one. :D I'll post a picture as soon as I can, cuz it's just adorable.

    Mar 10, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Ideas & Inspirations

    I get a lot of ideas from dreams. Dreams are awesome. Almost all my bad guys come from nightmares...which isn't so awesome, but at least I can create realistic antagonists. ...

    Mar 5, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you lengthen your novel -- HELP Me, PLEASE!

    Actually, dialogue is a great way to go...if it is used properly. Your dialogue should flesh out your characters and give voice to their conflicts. Otherwise it is pointless. If ...

    Mar 5, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Journalism Experience

    go for it! And don't forget - if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! I didn't get my job at the paper until the THIRD time I went ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Journalism Experience

    If you live in a small town, newspapers are always looking for relevant pieces about high school/middle school sports, choirc concerts, honor students, and things like that. I work for ...

    Feb 26, 2008


I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera