User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Media Reviews Re: City of Bones

    Haha, great - I'll be facing a four hour plane ride here in two weeks. :D I will most definitely check it out then. It's on hold for me at ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Yay for the redemption of Stephenie Meyer. :D Angels will celebrate the day when Stella and I forgave her, lol.

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Annalise: "What kind of leaves make your spit green? That's really interesting, can I see?" *examines leaves intently* "Wow, I think I've heard about something similar...they grow in the Amazon ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    Because I make you think your life might be worth something. Why do we talk so much?

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: List of taboo writing words

    "Gleamed, glittered, sparkled." *Shudders* I really don't like those words. They seem like they belong in Barbie: Sparkle Fairy Princess Kingdom instead of in a novel. *coughTwilightcough* :D

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Hello! There's already a thread about the Host, take a look down the page a little. :D

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "Anything but Marcella. I still don't know what possessed my dad when I was born." Jake: "I don't know. Amber for a girl. Caleb for a boy." Vanessa: "Oh, ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Jake: "Marc." Marc: "Jake." Vanessa: "Both of them." Marc: "Yeah, we're a pretty uncomplicated bunch." What's your favorite movie?

    May 29, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: City of Bones

    Has anybody read this? I was looking into it the other night and it looked pretty sweet. I just wanted to know if anyone recommended it.

    May 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "Don't you love it when people interrupt conversations and pretend that they know what's going on?" Vanessa: "I thought you left." Marc: "I'm hard to get rid of." Vanessa: ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "Pancakes." Vanessa: "Blueberry waffles!" Jake: *shrug* Butter or margarine?

    May 29, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Yeah, definitely. It felt so much more realistic than Twilight. The characters were very real and relatable this time around, and they actually MADE MISTAKES. *gasp, swoon* It was very ...

    May 28, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Maximum Ride: The Final Warning

    It's Fang! Wow, that would be weird.

    May 28, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "Lobster with butter, nachos and fried ice cream." Vanessa: "Hmm...probably that toasted pecan salad from Red Robin. And stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. And for dessert...strawberry short ca

    May 28, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Need help with first story

    Azila's right. The key to a good story is great characters. Think of some of your favorite novels. Are they extremely original, or do you just love the hero/heroine? The ...

    May 27, 2008


There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham