User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    "Mirror, Mirror" was very, very weird. And disturbing.

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Brisingr (Eragon 3) Spoiler

    makes you think... WHY do authors get published and yet better ones get passed over? Paolini got his self-published. His parents, in actual fact. A publisher then took him after ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Books released by this particular agent/company:

    The reason I'm asking is because I'm gathering a list of agents to send my book to when it's finished, and I saw that the Andrea Brown Agency has helped ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    I was never able to relate with Bella, except for her hatred of expensive gifts. As arrogant as it sounds, I think I'm stronger than she is. Physically, mentally, emotionally...*blushes ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: names

    Phone books! :D No, seriously - phone books are really helpful for last names. Also, is a great site if you want to find some names with specific meanings behind ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    Ugh, I hated Old Man and The Sea. Personally, I think Jane Eyre is a lot more dull than TKAM - Harper Lee's writing is simpler in my mind, easier ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    I love love love love To Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't think it was dull at all - I had to read it for school and I finished it like ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    There's a thread for The Host I think...a much better book than Twilight, in my opinion.

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Someone please come to my rescue!

    I don't know if you've considered this, but why don't you try making a fantasy story that totally UNreal? Like satire. Check out TL G-Wooster's story for a good example ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    Jacob pwns the whole book series. I am going to watch the Twilight move solely for the werewolves. :)

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Brisingr (Eragon 3) Spoiler

    To be fair, Firestar's probably right. I doubt he consciously thought, "Muhahaha, I'm going to steal these writers' ideas and become famous!" I mean, original ideas are very hard to ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Looking for a good book

    A lot of stuff by Ted Dekker is dark and kind of creepy. I recommend "Thr3e," "House," or "Skin." I've heard that "Adam" was kind of freaky too, but I ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a mystery novel. Could be kind of cool. :D Firebrand

    Jul 4, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Anybody read Blue Bloods?

    I flipped through it but never actually read the whole thing. It looked interesting though.

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of the Flies

    I agree with the Professor. :D This book made me physically sick to my stomach, but it really is amazing.

    Jul 1, 2008


The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White