User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "Vanessa." *shrug* Vanessa: "Summer." Marc: "Exactly my point." Jake: "Uh...Bananas?" What does the color blue make you think of?

    May 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    Oh, good luck! I know that feeling, lol. :D

    May 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    Ooooh, Kagerou, I want to read your anti-cliche fantasy! lol.

    May 4, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "AHAHAHAHA...no, not exactly." Jake: "Her bedroom smells like foot fungus." Vanessa: *makes a face* "I'm fairly organized." Marc: *happily* "HER room smells like lilacs and excessive amounts of

    May 4, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "A lon sylruala ilmaen a dahaerala." Vanessa: "I don't think she cares, Marc." Marc: "She should care. It drives people crazy. Poor Rohsair's having a aneurysm."

    May 3, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Chat

    Hey Jamie! There is already a thread for this - just go find "Character Dialogue." It's loads of fun. :D

    May 3, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Jordan A poor street urchin kind of kid - hair somewhere between blond and brown, hazel eyes, a big, slightly crooked nose, defiant expression, short (about 5'6"), skinny, quick, alert, ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: That's just a pipe dream!

    I've gotten around the "iffy profession" thing. I want to teach English while I'm writing. This isn't just because I want to be smart about a career, it's because I ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    Firebrand emerged from many, many things. I was bored on a car ride and i started thinking about elements...fire, water and wind, to be exact...and thinking about how, in a ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Mark of the Lion

    Yeah, well, Atretes is cool too...but I don't know. Twilight beats Mark of the Lion???? What is wrong with this world??? Do you pick up Twilight when you feel alone ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Speak

    Just finished it last night! I loved the movie before I loved the book, but I hate going through life after watching an adaptation but never reading the original. So ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Mark of the Lion

    Gahhh, these are incredible books! My mom read them and developed a small crush on Marcus. :D

    Apr 30, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: *sniggers* "What? Us? Lacking social skills? Are you kidding, I am the queen of social skilldom!" Jake: "Skilldom?" Marc: "Yes it's a made-up word. Deal with it."

    Apr 27, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "I think it's past somebody's bedtime." Jake: "What's synthesia? Is it that thing where people see words in color and pictures and stuff?" Vanessa: "What?" Marc: "What?" Jake: "Like ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Jake: "'S alright. I don't need to shed blood to hurt anyone." Vanessa: "Shut up, Jake. And actually, Blake, we do need that many names. Because if we only use ...

    Apr 24, 2008


The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone