User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "How many nicknames have I acquired over the past few pages of dialogue?" *runs to check* Vanessa: "If we had our way, Doc would be Doctor of the Century." ...

    May 20, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: *blankly* "Tommy-toe toastie? Sounds like something that comes off your feet." Vanessa: "It's British comedy." Marc: "And how do you know this?" Vanessa: *grins* "Doc." Marc: "You're kidding! Dr

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: *curious* "What name did your parents give you, Raven?" Marc: "Probably something along the lines of 'that little horror.' What do English people say to their abominable offspring?" Vanessa: ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "Ma main human creature?" Jake: "She left to get coffee...are you awake?" Vanessa: "I personally like the idea of nail poilsh. Hair glitter and Marc might be scary, but ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Jake: "Yuck. Nasty." Vanessa: "Yeah. Raven and Marc with hair glitter." Jake: "I meant the nailpolish, but that too."

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "I haven't even seen the trailer for the new one. We don't have a television. And I've been meaning to read the original comics for a while, but I ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "They're speaking geek again. Someone make them stop." Vanessa: "Batman's a good movie. The cinematography is amazing." Marc: *groans* *slaps forehead* Jake: *also slaps Marc's forehead* Marc: "

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "Who's stupid? You're stupid?" Jake: "This conversation is stupid." Marc: "Your Mom's stupid!" *grins* "Does this qualify as a British comedy? Since Clover's insulting me badly and Raven's just ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "The really sad thing about cracking fat jokes around me is they are stupid. Vanessa will get annoyed though." *grins* Jake: "Don't start." Marc: "What? I'm built like a ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "Actually, Marc does ride my horses. Although they're a little intimidated by her." Jake: "Go figure. She thinks she's bigger than they are." Marc: "Shut it. I'm still trying ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "We have four quarter horses and one two-year-old Arabian. They're all rescues - we got them dirt cheap at the stockyards. Everyone thought they were useless, but my Dad's ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Fireweed: It's told from the perspective of an alien called Wanderer who is, essentially, a parasite. She is implanted into the body of a human named Melanie, who was among ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "Street Arab? Weird." Vanessa: "I have a beautiful pond in my backyard..." Marc: "It's still dirty. Your horses drink out of it." *orders a caramel latte with extra caramel* ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    ("Fine then." *Sunny offers her hand to twit* "Truce?") Marc: "Okay, so I'm outnumbered by the Euro-type peoples. But seriously, why DO you call it a pond?"

    May 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: *randomly* "Why do Brits call the Atlantic Ocean a pond?" Jake: "Cause they're uncultured. Remember?" Marc: "Oh yeah." (lyrical_sunshine pokes her head in. "I resent the lazy Irish comment!)

    May 13, 2008


The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz