User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Lounge, The Re: Reading 'Popular' Books

    I think I just...read. If someone recommends something, sure, I'll pick it up, but I tend to make my own judgments. Actually, sometimes I'll read something specifically because someone told ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

    *is confused* What's pretty?

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: All Users Will Need 2 Pass A Grammar Test

    Someone should diagram the entire Bible, or War and Peace, or all of Shakespeare works, or anything else that's really, really long. I'd buy it just for the novelty. I ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Hungry Anyone?

    Old Fashioned seltzer sodas from our local ice-cream parlor. (Yes, my town is so small that we still have an ice cream 'parlor.') As for mom's spinach dip with crackers. ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Rate the Profile Picture Above You

    8/10 That song constantly gets stuck in my head....

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: "Twilight" Movie Trailer

    I did see the Breaking Dawn cover...weird. Kind of scary. I wasn't planning on buying the book, but I actually might now, because chess makes me think of battles and ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: "Twilight" Movie Trailer

    I don't think he was flying, I think he's just jumping really high and fast, because he can. And I don't have any troubles with movie. My theory is that ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Twilight vs. Harry Potter

    I think Sureal is right in that if JKR had changed the word "witch" to, I don't know, "wizardess" than the controversy would have been a lot more minimal. *giggles ...

    May 28, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Eragon: the movie

    Alex Pettyfer looks like a girl... :D Sorry, totally off-topic, but I just had to get that out there. I heard Paolini threw a hissy-fit about the quality of the ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

    I haven't ever read the original book - it's still on my to-do list. So I thought the movie looked good. But, since I'm not a Jules Verne fan, I ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Twilight vs. Harry Potter

    I was just thinking about this the other day. Does anybody else find it interesting that Stephenie Meyer is compared to J. K. Rowling but she experiences none of the ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS: One of the top 101 Web sites for Writers for 2008

    SWEEEET! I'm a part of a website that Writer's Digest promoted! *feels special* Congrats, Nate! (And everybody else of course).

    May 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

    Yeah, that bugged me too. Because it started out with the whole, "It started with a feeling..." right after Susan kissed Caspian and I almost gagged on all the cheese.

    May 18, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

    Oh yeah. Edmund is like, the poster child for awesome warrior kings everywhere. I loved him. Course, I loved him in the book too. And I loved how he delivered ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

    Has anyone seen it yet? I liked it a lot; there were some parts that I thought could be better, but overall I was satisfied. :)

    May 16, 2008


Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton