User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Media Reviews Re: Amber Spyglass

    A Christian is by definition "a little Christ." Christ was all about love and forgiveness and saving grace. So I will openly, outright challenge anyone like Hitler who claims to ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Mark Twain

    I've read Tom Sawyer, which was hilarious, and we're reading Huck Finn right now. I understand why you'd think he was racist, but at the time I'm sure Twain would ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many drafts do you do?

    I'm only on my second draft of Firebrand, but about once a week I go through the book and edit chapters. As for when and how long I write, I ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Cutting out a Character

    I hate giving up on anyone, even if they're imaginary. It's more fun to re-figure them, re-create them, and make them entirely new people. Ayden's got some good qualities because ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Sex Scenes

    Although I don't like sex scenes in books (or movies, really) and I think the fade-out scene works best, James Patterson writes sex scenes well without becoming pornographic. Like in ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Calvin & Hobbes Comic Strip On Writing

    *ahem* MOST of us don't have rejection slips thrown at the back of our head... lol just kidding. i haven't finished my novel yet so I haven't yet discovered the ...

    Jan 21, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Matilda Visits Earth

    uhh... I'm confused. But maybe I'm supposed to be confused. I don't know. Firstly, I would like more information on Matilda. Just a little bit more, because I get the ...

    Jan 20, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    10/10 nice...i know the feeling.

    Jan 20, 2008
  • Research Re: Interesting 'Quirks' ;) (Such as Synesthesia)

    not fair! i want a cool condition like synesthesia! lol. good luck, Monki. I guess everybody found all the interesting diseases, so I don't have anything else to say lol.

    Jan 20, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    10/10 still cracks me up.

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing

    Don't ever send out your manuscript to a publisher who asks for a fee. Most likely they're just trying to rip you off. An agent is definitely a good way ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Playlist

    woohoo! classic rock, well done. I've acquired a taste for classic rock since I met my boyfriend. his iPod is full of Aerosmith and Def Lepperd and

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Getting published in magazines - any suggestions?

    Teen Ink is a good one. I think it's got some pretty high-quality stuff in it. Some of the fiction pieces are excellent. Some are just okay, but that's life. ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Airborne (edited 4/21/08)

    An hour later I sat in a small hollow in the cliff, sheltered from both the rain and the wind. Gryphon sat across from me and watched mutely as I ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: You Gonna Eat That?

    I liked it, but I agree with everyone wasn't exactly fiction. It sounds kind of like one of those forwards you email to all your friends lol. But it was ...

    Jan 19, 2008


I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin