User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: I need help on making something not cheesy

    Just make your characters real. People get mad at each other, they fight, they cry, they scream, they get scared, they're uncomfortable, they change their minds - don't make their ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Morgaaan!

    *gasp*! You want to make me an avatar? Because I have a techno-demon that possesses me everytime I use a computer. Things break when I try to use them. Needless ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Me? You want to know about me?

    LOL!!!! Northern Virginians are in denial that they're Southerners. I should know; I was born there. And Unwritten is an awesome, awesome song. And I laugh all the time. And ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "Well, you just get more charming every time you open your mouth, don't you?" Jake: "Sounds like something you would say." Marc: "Maybe that's why I don't like her."

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Land of Sky, Land of Rain (Chapter One)

    this is really good! can't wait to read the rest!

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Talking about myself

    lol, deserts, not desserts. i love my chocolate, but i don't like cactus.

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: An Exercise in Narcissim

    AHHH! WINDSURFING!! *is jealous* I've always wanted to try that. :D

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Trivial Trivia about Sunny

    More deeply personal stuff about me! Yay! lol. 1. I love the ocean. I can float for hours in those waves and be totally content. When I get the opportunity ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: *delicately* "I can't exactly control the wind - things just get out of control when my emotions are high. When Jake gets angry things have a tendency to burst ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: *raises hand* "Sorry." *the wind calms down* "I don't really enjoy being poked." Marc: "That's Nessie's very sweet and subtle way of saying, 'Stop &%#@!? touching me or I'll ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Waiting for the Dawn

    Changed my mind. I like the clock lol. Took me a while, but I decided. :D

    Apr 16, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: *indignantly* "I said I'd slip something into their drinks. I didn't say anything about poisoning them. What do you think I am, an assassin?" *realizes* *feels slightly awkward* "Oh...I ...

    Apr 16, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: locked

    i really liked only problem is that the "article" didn't really sound like an article. I work at a newspaper, and I don't think any editor would allow a writer ...

    Apr 16, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Circus Boy Chapter 1

    this is excellent, and i am surprised you're so young. watch out for extra-long sentences, though; they tend to be run-ons. and i think you had a couple mistakes... like ...

    Apr 10, 2008
  • Other Re: Avenging Autumn

    sweet! i'll do that. tell him congratulations for me!

    Apr 10, 2008


A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden