User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Translucent

    I really like this so far - I haven't read it in-depth, just kinda skimmed it, but it sounds really good. Unique. Keep it up, and I'll write a real ...

    May 21, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Bubbling, chapter 4

    This is my favorite chapter so far :D but pegasi beat me to the in-depth critique. Overall, your writing improved hugely in just the past three chapters, and so did ...

    May 21, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Bubbling, chapter 1

    "No." I tell that to Mom right away. (for some reason this sentence feels a little awkward. That's just a suggestion, though.) I don't want HER to come here and ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "I don't think we're exactly supposed to understand what's going on." Marc: "I don't like not understand. Not understanding makes me irate." Jake: "Irate?" Marc: "I'm censoring myself for ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS: One of the top 101 Web sites for Writers for 2008

    SWEEEET! I'm a part of a website that Writer's Digest promoted! *feels special* Congrats, Nate! (And everybody else of course).

    May 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    OOOH! I finished it, and it is SO much better than Twilight! Stella, yes, the characters are definitely more well-rounded, more flawed. There is no Edward - there is only ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Lyrical Sunshine, in response to a much eariler comment... My Friend: Do you want to go to a free room? Me: I'd much rather stay here- have you seen Josh? ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "An ANTIQUE British Medical Journal? What kind of crazy plot twists exist in your story?" Marc: "Are you kidding? Raven's so cool, she's a time-travelling half-elf who is also ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "How many nicknames have I acquired over the past few pages of dialogue?" *runs to check* Vanessa: "If we had our way, Doc would be Doctor of the Century." ...

    May 20, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: *blankly* "Tommy-toe toastie? Sounds like something that comes off your feet." Vanessa: "It's British comedy." Marc: "And how do you know this?" Vanessa: *grins* "Doc." Marc: "You're kidding! Dr

    May 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Storm-wings

    The late birds call the breathless moon, and through the trees watch embers fly The wild wind sings its restless tune, and glowing, fervent hearts and eyes paint the sky ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: *curious* "What name did your parents give you, Raven?" Marc: "Probably something along the lines of 'that little horror.' What do English people say to their abominable offspring?" Vanessa: ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: You know you're weird when...

    ...You are my hero. :D I LOVE the 20s style.

    May 19, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Machinations #1 (part 1)

    *glares* Why are you so amazing??? You make everyone else feel bad. Shame, shame on you Kylan. But seriously, this is excellent. The one thing I saw was, I think, ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Vanessa: "Ma main human creature?" Jake: "She left to get coffee...are you awake?" Vanessa: "I personally like the idea of nail poilsh. Hair glitter and Marc might be scary, but ...

    May 19, 2008


Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
— Rumi