User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    I know how you feel. Forget that anybody else writes. For a while, you are the greatest writer in the world. Don't try to write, just write. It doesn't matter ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Random Thought for the Day: I think Ian's and Jake's names need to change. It's frustrating, because they've been Ian and Jake since they popped into my head, but there ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "Don't you love it when people interrupt conversations and pretend that they know what's going on?" Vanessa: "I thought you left." Marc: "I'm hard to get rid of." Vanessa: ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "Pancakes." Vanessa: "Blueberry waffles!" Jake: *shrug* Butter or margarine?

    May 29, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Twilight vs. Harry Potter

    I think Sureal is right in that if JKR had changed the word "witch" to, I don't know, "wizardess" than the controversy would have been a lot more minimal. *giggles ...

    May 28, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Yeah, definitely. It felt so much more realistic than Twilight. The characters were very real and relatable this time around, and they actually MADE MISTAKES. *gasp, swoon* It was very ...

    May 28, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Maximum Ride: The Final Warning

    It's Fang! Wow, that would be weird.

    May 28, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Marc: "Lobster with butter, nachos and fried ice cream." Vanessa: "Hmm...probably that toasted pecan salad from Red Robin. And stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. And for dessert...strawberry short ca

    May 28, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: May I introduce...me!

    Hello! I've read some of your poetry, it's really beautiful! And kudos to you for understanding that magical realism IS a genre and it's awesome. :D You really have read ...

    May 28, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Need help with first story

    Azila's right. The key to a good story is great characters. Think of some of your favorite novels. Are they extremely original, or do you just love the hero/heroine? The ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Eragon: the movie

    Alex Pettyfer looks like a girl... :D Sorry, totally off-topic, but I just had to get that out there. I heard Paolini threw a hissy-fit about the quality of the ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

    I haven't ever read the original book - it's still on my to-do list. So I thought the movie looked good. But, since I'm not a Jules Verne fan, I ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Twilight vs. Harry Potter

    I was just thinking about this the other day. Does anybody else find it interesting that Stephenie Meyer is compared to J. K. Rowling but she experiences none of the ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Mark of the Lion

    Yeah. I guess Twilight is more relatable...I don't know. I can't relate to Bella being crazy fall-off-a-moutain-and-die about Edward. She's kind of too...hysterical, maybe? Personally my favorite char

    May 24, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Nightlife

    Ooh, sounds cool. :D

    May 24, 2008


The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin