User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Lost Hope [1]

    Wow, I really, really loved this! But I guess that's nothing new, since I love almost all your stuff, Jig. I loved the back and forth between past and present; ...

    May 16, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: i wish..

    I agree with the comment about good imagery. It's a little simple, but the idea your trying to convey isn't simple at all. Maybe spice it up a little? Also, ...

    May 9, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Saved

    "I always hoped that when I got older my crush on Ian would fade away, but here I am, fourteen years old and still trailing after him as if my ...

    May 7, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Flame Dancer. Prologue. (Edited)

    Immediate observations: 1. That's a lot of "A" names. Diversify a little. 2. First chapter of Harry Potter, with a different name. 3. No two-year-old looks like he's only a ...

    May 5, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Robin Hood: Sell out, chapter 1 part 1

    Hey there emily! I love the premise, just because I LOVE Robin Hood retellings. However, I have to admit that I didn't read this whole thing. Try splitting this into ...

    May 3, 2009
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Faery Dancer #1

    As usual, Twit, I have next to nothing to critique. I DID feel that the ending was a bit abrupt though. Gaspard is selling her family, and her reactions seem ...

    May 3, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Darkest Trilogy: Asleep & Awaken Chapter 1.

    CHAPTER 1. Song : Death and All His Friends-- Coldplay Harsh sunlight burned down on the state of Nevada, toasting more freckles onto my already spotted skin. (Love your verb ...

    May 3, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Thr3e

    The movie is definitely not as good as the book - I had to sleep with the light on when I read the book - but it's a decent movie. ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "So who's crazier - the characters who are talking to the author, or the author who is talking to the characters?"

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Marc: "Angels and demons and drunken stupors, oh my!" Vanessa: "The world is a strange place." Marc: "It's even stranger when your book's being edited FOR THE FIFTH TIME." lyrical_sunshine: ...

    Apr 28, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    Sweeet. 8, Rosey. Haha - it's actually not an allusion to plastic surgery, but I get why you would think that. They hate the fog.

    Apr 26, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Inspiring lines from songlyrics

    "Do you dream that the world will know your name? Tell me your name." [i]Angels on the Moon[/] by Thriving Ivory. Great song. It's kind of my novel's theme. :)

    Apr 25, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    Very pretty and lyrical, but personally I like something that grabs your attention right off the bat. Just my opinion, though. 6/10 Those pretty cocoa-colored eyes are worth roughly half ...

    Apr 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    6. A little bit cliche, but still interesting. :) That pretty pair of cocoa-colored eyes is worth roughly half my tuition.

    Apr 22, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like it could either very literary or very creepy, horror-esque. :) I like it. RED INK

    Apr 21, 2009


You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind