User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Randomosity Re: Guess the name of the user above you!

    Jenna? My name isn't Gretchen, or Gretel, or Vanessa lol. Although Vanessa's the name of a main character in my story. :D

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Just out of curiosity...

    Lol, that's funny. I just keep thinking that boy authors must be hiding in some deep dark hole or something. :D My boyfriend writes, but he hides it in a ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    Dear sweet merciful Lord in heaven...I just found a scrap of the first draft of "Firebrand," back when it was still called "Touch of Fire" (gag). Thank God for my ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Cammie's Asylum

    Don't people know they're disturbing the creative process? Haha, I told my mom that and she just blinked at me. Mothers don't get it. Really, they don't. My mom complains ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: On a new journey...

    Oh wow, double congratulations then! :D I have no doubt that your book will be successful - just try to market it a little bit, even if you are self-publishing. ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: names

    Phone books! :D No, seriously - phone books are really helpful for last names. Also, is a great site if you want to find some names with specific meanings behind ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    Ugh, I hated Old Man and The Sea. Personally, I think Jane Eyre is a lot more dull than TKAM - Harper Lee's writing is simpler in my mind, easier ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Gypsie Eyes: chapter five

    I, personally, am still a little confused about the gull. *blushes* Was Tannar the gul or did Tannar send the gull?

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    I love love love love To Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't think it was dull at all - I had to read it for school and I finished it like ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    There's a thread for The Host I think...a much better book than Twilight, in my opinion.

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Someone please come to my rescue!

    I don't know if you've considered this, but why don't you try making a fantasy story that totally UNreal? Like satire. Check out TL G-Wooster's story for a good example ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to string everything together

    I carry a notebook with me. Whenever I get a new idea, whether it's a character or a new creature or a scene that's running through my head, I write ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Reading this after I wrote my first romantic scene ever, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. :D My guy was covered in cuts and bruises, my girl was faintly hysterical ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    Jacob pwns the whole book series. I am going to watch the Twilight move solely for the werewolves. :)

    Jul 21, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Title's Don't Matter

    In this part of the city, if you stood still, there was no sign of life. The people had punched out from work and returned to their houses. The animals....had ...

    Jul 21, 2008


The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris