User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writing Tips Re: Try writing while half-asleep

    Ick. I had a dream about the villain in my story last night. Well, actually it was a totally different person, but her the girl's personality in my dream was ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    *points to the top of the forum* There's a stickied thread that says something like "Essential websites for anyone trying to get published". They're really helpful sites - they'll tell ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Scavenger

    Awesome, awesome, awesome. Sheesh. That was exciting. I love the little extra glimpses you get of Raven's personality...not just her snarkiness, but also her wildness and her loyalty. It's great. ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Research Re: Writer's Conferences

    I don't have any advice for you. Try - they have information on everything under the sun, so they probably have something on writers' conferences. :D

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Re: When your research comes up short

    Okay, so I just decided that I officially love Google Earth. I found it by following the river via satellite images, and the place is...weird. Sunken scrap metal and old ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Re: When your research comes up short

    Haha, yeah, I tried to go look at it. You can't get there by land. The riverbank is sloshy and marshy and it's impossible to hike through. Plus, people yell ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Re: When your research comes up short

    Okay, so here's the story: My novel is set in my hometown and the whole plot revolves around a waterfall. I have never seen this waterfall - only heard about ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Denver, Colorado

    There is an AMAZING bookstore in the Cherry Creek area called The Tattered Cover - it's like six stories tall with the bookshelves stretching from floor to ceiling. *swoon* Cherry ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

    I started a livejournal to update my writing/revising/publishing news about Firebrand. The LJ is also full of little rants about books and movies, stories behind the story, and random writing ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Scavenger

    I didn't see your most recent chapter until after I posted my review. I'm sorry. But I enjoyed reading it so much that I didn't want to give an in-depth ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Scavenger

    Aflonyddwch emosiynol Cold. Still with my eyes closed, I curled up tight and wrapped my arms around myself. I tried to scrub my upper arms with my hands and still ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Gypsie Eyes: prologue and chapter one

    Ooh, you edited! :D I really liked the added descriptions of the people's response to Karenna when they thought she was a Gypsie. It gives us some idea of what ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Breaking Dawn

    I didn't read the book - I just read the spoilers. And I freaking predicted EVERY SINGLE PLOT TWIST in BD. Booyah for me. That being said, I'll probably read ...

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes Purple Prose?

    I would really like to know this too. I have never understood what "purple prose" is.

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Try writing while half-asleep

    I pulled an all-nighter to finish Firebrand, and I actually think it turned out ok. Until the ending. The ending was a cop-out because I was exhausted and I just ...

    Aug 4, 2008


Bring something incomprehensible into the world!
— Gilles Deleuze