User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • NovMo Archives Re: What's your NaNo '08 about?

    Genre: Fiction (I'm sure I'll narrow it down by a lot once I'm done writing it) Plot Idea: Iniko is a teenage (15) who was born in a world where ...

    Oct 11, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Affectionately, Lovechild (1)

    Oh wow. This was so mind-blowingly funny. I just kept wondering what this poor senator is thinking as he's reading this. This piece is totally unique, and I'm kind of ...

    Oct 9, 2008
  • Other Re: My query letter

    No, it's not posted. I took it off the internet a while back because I didn't want to ruin my chances of getting it published. But I'll probably email it ...

    Oct 9, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Is Non-Fiction Allowed?

    If you're asking, "Is non-fiction allowed for NaNoWriMo?" than the answer is yes, anything goes I believe.

    Oct 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Account?

    Oooh, you can WIN?? That would look good on resumes. :D I'm excited. Confused, nervous, and bewildered, but excited too. Hehe.

    Oct 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNo Planning 2008

    My NaNo is going to be a collision of a sci-fi story I started writing a year ago (but never finished), a dream I had last night, and a recently-developed ...

    Oct 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Aeo

    Lol...no, actually you hurt me more by posting that nauseating purple prose about Edward Cullen in your sig. Edward Cullen = evil soul-stealing fantasy-man who robs decent, non-sparkly boys of ...

    Oct 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Title Help

    Rats...too bad "Beyond the Looking Glass" is taken... How about something simple like "Reflected"? or "The Face I See" or "Mirror-Image"?

    Oct 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

    This is the first year I've done this... *swallows hard* Everyone look me up on the NaNo site! My username is Red.Ink.Rain I'm nervous...I'm not sure I'll get it done. ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are you currently reading?

    "The Joy Luck Club" and "To Kill a Mockingbird." I've already read the latter, but I bought it for $1 at a street fair. I couldn't resist.

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Other Re: My query letter

    Only one suggestion: replace 'Dear Agent' with the agents actual name. Thanks Sureal. I plan to, I just didn't want to post the agent's name on YWS - it seemed ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Other Re: My query letter

    Can you guys read over this for me? I'm not just looking for grammar mistakes; I want to know if it makes you want to read it too. Be critical, ...

    Oct 6, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Fight for Lyrria pages 1 and 2

    Okay, this is my first story to submit, so please critque!! :D I am totally new at this!! I hope you enjoy. Page 1 The harsh wind blew all around ...

    Oct 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help with dialouge!

    Read. Seriously, that's the best way to get the feel of dialogue. Read books with a lot of character interaction. The Mortal Instruments trilogy by Cassandra Clare has a ton ...

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    ...and I speak to non-existant people too! Ah, the curse of being a writer. :D

    Oct 2, 2008


Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.
— Chuck Palahniuk