User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Writers Corner Re: Need help with publishing!

    Um...yeah. What HR said. :P Also, in the Writer's Tip forum I compiled a list of websites that give A LOT of great advice on how to get published. I ...

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Parallel

    Okay, I really liked this - your imagery and word choice was absolutely gorgeous. However, I'm still not quite sure what this poem is ABOUT. I sense there's some tragedy ...

    Jun 7, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Mortal Instruments Trilogy

    I love these books so much. I bought City of Glass on the day it came out, and it didn't disappoint. :) I still think I liked the first too ...

    Jun 6, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Little Macey

    Wow, this was so creepy and cool. I loved the voice of the little girl - and I also loved that it felt not quite right, you know? Like she ...

    Jun 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Sitting in a Rainbow [1]

    The first sentence was long and kind of a run-on - if you could split that into two sentences, it would be better. Okay, now onto my real reviews. :) ...

    Jun 5, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I have Four Scars

    This was amazing and actually made me cry a little. But I do agree with Snoink - I'd like to hear more about the stories behind the scars, so we ...

    May 30, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: My Icarus

    Wow. I'm admittedly very, very bad at critiquing poetry, but I thought this was beautiful. I loved loved LOVED the lines "Sweet boy, good boy/ Just a boy who could ...

    May 30, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: the beekeeper

    Kylan Really beautiful structure here. I loved that nothing was capitalized - I'm not sure why, but I think it just gave an extra feeling of chaos and confusion. I'm ...

    May 30, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: Let Me Love You

    Rascal: You've got a great start here, but I'm seeing some things you could definitely work on. 1. Characters. I'm not really feeling connected to your characters. They feel kind ...

    May 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Personalised queries

    Yeah. What Kara said. :P Seriously, that was so thorough I have nothing to add.

    May 25, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Beach Boys Kind of Girl

    Hey Areida! This was beautiful, and you're definitely getting a gold star from me. :) But I have to admit it took me a little while to figure out the ...

    May 22, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: A purple leopard...

    Adorable! :D

    May 22, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: I Need You To Write. - 1. Part 1.

    First of all, your first and last lines were AWESOME. Perfect. Do not change them. :P That said, there were a few little errors that jumped out at me. Well, ...

    May 20, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: June [1]

    You got a pretty thorough critique in the last two comments, so I second their edits. :) I really like the idea of having a character with CIPA, and that's ...

    May 20, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Poem

    I would really, really like to see a story based on this poem. It makes me want to know more, and it seems like such a sweet story. I feel ...

    May 20, 2009


If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"