User avatar

logosgal

  • Research Re: Lefty Discrimination

    Hehe, I wasn't thinking about the dinner table issue. :lol: Actually, it's been drilled into my head so much that I have to sit there that I just look for ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Research Re: Lefty Discrimination

    Do people stop and stare when they realize that you're signing your name with your left hand? Do you have problems with scissors? Is the ink on all of your ...

    Jan 25, 2008
  • Research Re: The Epic Search To Fill The Cliche Bank

    In other words, mimic Eragon as much as possible? Exactly :wink: And do it in style! Star Wars , too! Especially the older ones.

    Dec 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Cliche in Fantasy

    The first list says: #11. - Evil emperors: --crave wealth, money and power Well, DUH ! What kind of evil emperor would he be if he craved charity, goodwill and ...

    Dec 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Simile Generator

    "Bitterness is like chewing gum." I really don't think so. XD But it's juicy and cinnamon-flavored and looses all niceness after five minutes of good chewing! O.O ...and it causes ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashback Alert!

    Out of the three options you presented, I agree that the third one it the best. Another option could be to start the flashback with the time and/or place that ...

    Aug 17, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Persuasive Writing with Inigo Montoya

    :shock: Wow. That is awesome. I will definitely be keeping this in mind!

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Um... (peeking over shoulder)

    OK, do you guys have nosy parents, or are mine just nice to me? Or are you simply paranoid? :wink: Our computer's in the living room, but I generally have ...

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: No Excuses; No Stopping

    Amen, WD! Thanks for the encouragement! Now if I can only put this into practice... :wink:

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    Sometimes I think finding a good name is a bit like finding a good story idea: you just can't tell where it's going to come from. I tend to have ...

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Research Re: A question for anyone who doesn't live in the US

    hmm, I guess I assumed that everyone knew about Independance Day, too, even if they don't celebrate... I never really thought about it much. There's this riddle someone told me ...

    Jul 6, 2007


I'll make sure nobody unauthorized runs off with the chamber pot, sir.
— Kaladin (Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson)