User avatar

lexy

  • Poetry Discussion Re: Carol Ann Duffy or Simon Armitage?

    I studied these two poets at GCSE but which one is better?? Duffy with her disturbing poems like *Education for leisure* and *Salome* or Armitage with his darling poems like ...

    Nov 8, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Robin

    Robin The quiet countryside of Mersham Where I watched the birds sing sweetly And the magpies sleep soundly. I hop from left to right searching for my friends, But I ...

    Nov 8, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Two People...

    In us there are only two hands, a suspension bridge over the Atlantic, (I love this part!!!!!) Undulating over the waves gently… Being caressed by the sunlight with froth and ...

    Nov 8, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Bohemian Fall into Oblivion

    This is a beautiful piece, I love the imagery etc! Well done xxxxx

    Nov 8, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    yeah i know. There were some people in my class that just couldnt grasp what it meant. Then we went to watch her in performance (reading it) and with the ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    This is going to sound really really stupid... but Carol Ann Duffy writes great poems!!! I mean.. ok some of them are a bit.. violent etc but the concept is ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Shel Sylverstein

    No I have never heard of him/her. Are they any good?

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Disney Lyrics

    Wow, yeah all disney lyrics are cool. Notre dame is great. Actually pocahontas has some cool songs... anyone able to find some for me??? What else is there??? Oh yeah ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Two Hearts, One Love

    This is for Rob Two hearts, One Love Two hearts become one Two souls entwine Two lives unite In love we are strong We'll live to see another day We'll ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hangman

    Damian pulled on his yellow raincoat and let his mother button it up to his chin. She smiled a beautiful smile and kissed the end of his nose tenderly. "School ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Butterfly in December

    Young girls with delicate fairytales age into winter, [color=red]?face stroked with commercial whites and blacks and browns.? (What???) A geisha’s mask, cold on sickly skin, thin blue veins crawl we

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: November's Child

    November’s Child s olitude and s nowy nights grey leaves in your midnight hair tangled upon your ?broken shoulders? (what?) melancholy hazel eyes gentle hands and frozen heart trails of ...

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: She loved him, though she hated their goodbyes.

    She spent her days in a constant daze with Thoughts of hearts and hands [color=red]grazing a guitar She could no longer hear the music but She sang his lyrics loudly ...

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Wishing Star

    I've been in a bit of a writer's rut lately where anything I write sounds like crap. Yeah, so here's a poem I wrote two years ago. Nuff said. Enjoy ...

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lonely

    Haven't read this myself for a little while. I wrote it for school last year, but I hate reading through it because of the feelings attatched to it...but feedback would ...

    Nov 6, 2006


'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11