User avatar

leebass

  • Fiction Discussion Re: that certain kind of 'line' you found

    People are afraid to merge on freeways in Los Angeles. - Less Than Zero ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE is scrawled in blood red lettering on the side ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Book / Movie Titles

    The Man Whose Teeth Were All Exactly Alike by Philip K. Dick The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick - ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Suggestions

    If you like the look of those i can suggest loads more in the same vein. If not i won't.

    Oct 27, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Suggestions

    Read Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. Kind of dark, but funny and moving at the same time. Also 'House of Leaves' - Can't recommend this enough. Look it up and ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sophies' spirit

    Hi. I thought the twist was worked in well to your story, when you drop the hint 'i may be dead but i still have feelings'. I thought the description ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Articles Re: College Application Essay of My Dreams

    Hi. I found this intersting and confusing. In the story Mary meets Desperate, i think it's clear this isn't an actual person. Maybe she's an alter ego or just a ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Love Him, Hate You (Contest entry)

    Hi. This isn't really a story at all. There's no plot. I know two people are getting married but that's just something that's going to happen, it's not the same ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: What is the Best Book you have read...

    Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Basically, it's...well I don't want to spoil anything, because it's full of surprises, but I'll introduce the two main characters: 1: Kafka Tamura, ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Common Cliches?

    What are the most common cliches you see in other people's writing? I'm just curious.

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Haven't posted in about a year.

    Hi. This is really unusual. It sounds more like poetry than a story, to me. Maybe if you reorganised it into a poetic structure it would sound and look a ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Tribute to someone I will never meet

    Hi, umm i corrected the grammar anyway because i had already started doing it. I found this really moving and i think a lot of people can relate to how ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Poetic Nightmare: Intro

    Hi. There's a real tension throughout the story which i like. When you say 'The mouth was drawn with crayon' is this a metaphor or literal? If it's a metaphor ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    1. The Republic of Trees by Sam Taylor (Also The Amnesiac is rubbish) Characters appear with no explanation; ideas are stolen from 1984, Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm; ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The American Dream

    Hi, i really like it. I really get a vivid impression of the characters, especially the father. You can tell he's the kind of person that makes the most of ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Good evening! :)

    So what kind of artists/ illustrators do you like? I love good drawings, but i can't really draw. Have you heard of any of these? Travis Millard, David Foldvari, Nicholas ...

    Oct 27, 2010


If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems