User avatar

lakegirls

  • Writing Tips Re: She Grinned Is Dead

    Hello there! Recently it was brought to my attention, by a critique from a friend, that one my main characters grins too much. Normally this wouldn't concern me, I've learned ...

    Mar 17, 2014
  • Research Re: Phone Conversations

    Thanks so much guys! This really helps :)

    Mar 13, 2014
  • Research Re: Phone Conversations

    Hello! I just had a quick question about writing a phone conversation in a novel. I know there are several different ways you can do it, i.e. just a regular ...

    Mar 11, 2014
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing help needed

    Hey so I'm just looking for some tips on how to describe your novel? I know what it's about but I have a hard time condensing it. I'm asking because ...

    Feb 8, 2014
  • Research Re: Quick Question...

    This definitely helps! I get what you're saying, it would bug me too! Thanks for the help :)

    Feb 5, 2014
  • Research Re: Quick Question...

    This is kind of a random writing question but if two people are holding hands is it necessary to say they stopped holding hands or can I just let readers ...

    Feb 5, 2014
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story!

    Hey! Thanks so much for all the responses :) You've all been so helpful! I have another title idea: Under The Influence. I think it would be fitting because they're ...

    Oct 25, 2013
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story!

    One of my friends suggested that but I think it would be too obvious. I don't want readers to know until the end of the book that that's the reason ...

    Oct 25, 2013
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story!

    Hey all! So as you can see in my description I've started a new story, after about 10 years working on the same book... (hides face from judgy people). What ...

    Oct 25, 2013
  • Writing Tips Re: Conflict

    Just wondering, in a story or a series of stories, what is a prime example of good conflict? I'm having a bit of trouble with this in my novel, like ...

    Jan 27, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: correct spelling?

    Hey! I found the name after in my friends baby book haha. It's spelled Emile

    Jan 27, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: correct spelling?

    Hey! so I'm starting a new story and I have this character name in mind, for a male, but I cannot figure out the correct spelling...help? sounds like: ah-meal possible ...

    Jan 26, 2011
  • Research Re: Beginning a Book

    This is my new beginning! I'm not sure if I should include this in chapter one or if I should have it before chapter one and add more! Opinions? Friendship, ...

    Jan 5, 2011
  • Research Re: Beginning a Book

    The prologue is my three main characters (they're in grade six at the time) discussing how they want to have a contest to see who can go the longest without ...

    Dec 29, 2010
  • Research Re: Beginning a Book

    Hey everyone! So I'm almost done my first novel and I let one of my friends read it and they said that the beginning wasn't 'dramatic' enough, like there wasn't ...

    Dec 28, 2010


hop exploded again, someone get the re-hopinator
— vic