User avatar

kittykat

  • Lounge, The Re: What was your first story about?

    Either... A totally random story about anything that I had on my mind--even if it strayed away from the previous plot--and usually switched from 1st person to 3rd person to ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Manglish unveiled!

    Oh my gosh! I speak this! *does happy dance excitedly* Aku bisa basa ini! Tapi sedikit saja, saya nggak flasih. ...It's bad isn't it? lol. :D Okay, well I speak ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: School

    I'm sooo excited! :D I'll be going to a new school for the start of 7th grade. The summer went so fast for me since I vacationed in Indonesia this ...

    Aug 1, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: What Is Your Favorite Least Favorite Color!?

    Ochre, hands down.

    Jul 24, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The "what if" game

    what if it's not a computer and it's a laptop?

    Jul 24, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The "what if" game

    what if that person is actually a computer and the person controling it decides to delete us?

    Jul 24, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Defense or Defence?

    Ugh... I've been staring at the words for so long they both look wrong to me. I'm going to try to stay away from the word so I won't have ...

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Ad Lib

    A carrot-crazed rabbit devoured the gargantuan garden. Five _______ surgeons did _______ surgery on the _______ watermelon. (adjective/noun?/adjective)

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Suzanne is a Lame Butt

    *giggle* piggies! ^_^ I can get to it! *giggles again, but at the words "lame butt"*

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Guess the name of the user above you!

    hmm... Darcy? *was suddenly thinking of a clay duck friend had*

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The Quoting Game

    Quote this. Because I'm goody-two-shoes. You get a dime. Prok gets no dime. This is my third attempt. Please, no one beat me to the punch this time. EDIT: Yay! ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The Quoting Game

    Quote this. Because I'm goody-two-shoes. You get a dime. Prok gets no dime. This is my third attempt. Please, no one beat me to the punch this time. EDIT: Yay! ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Word Game

    people

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Happy Birthday, Nate!

    Happy one year closer to death! ...er, I mean... Happy Birthday Nate! :)

    May 30, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: It's my first YWS birthday!

    Happy YWS Birthday Chocoholic! Here's your present! :birthday: and... this one too! :smt117 :smt116 - kittykat *can't wait for own YWS birthday*

    May 30, 2008


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)