User avatar

kiashana

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    To be honest, I fail to see why it matters whether it's a 40 year-old man or a 16 year-old woman: the moral and ethical arguments stay the same whoever ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nuclear Iran?

    However, my own stance is that Iran shouldn't be a big worry. Unlike North Korea, it's a rational country and knows full well that a nuclear strike would result in ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Well, after a quick search on Google turned up page after page stating "newborns are not self-aware," I think I can refute your statement. Newborns react to certain stimuli on ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nuclear Iran?

    However, my own stance is that Iran shouldn't be a big worry. Unlike North Korea, it's a rational country and knows full well that a nuclear strike would result in ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Bobo, I'm pretty sure that newborns are self aware. We may not remember anything from that age, but newborns respond to a number of stimulus and recognize their mothers. That's ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nuclear Iran?

    I'm interested into why India (which has a bad record recently with Pakistan) is in deals with America for nucleaer power and is fully backed by President Bush, and Iran ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    First off, it's impossible to put yourself into the mind of something that doesn't yet have a brain. Secondly, no, I wasn't a child in my mother's womb during the ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    I am very much pro-choice. I am not, however, pro-abortion. There are many cases where I feel that women would be better off either keeping the child (ie accidental pregnancies ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: New Jersey Bill Would Prohibit Anonymous Internet Postings

    That seems a little ridiculous. Isn't it kind of against the spirit of the Internet to force people to identify themselves? So much internet content exists only because the writers ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are Schooldays the Happiest days of ones Life ??????

    I think that while school days may be the easiest days of one's life, I doubt they are the happiest. Sure, my parents pay for everything I need and I ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Best Movie of 2005

    Looking at that list, I feel kind of pathetic. I've seen only one of the movies on that list- Star Wars. I didn't even see Harry Potter, and I'm a ...

    Mar 1, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: How did you find the Young Writers Society?

    I think I found a link on another web site... Honestly, I don't know where I stumble on the sites I go to.

    Feb 28, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: TORINO OLYMPICS

    Honestly? I've barely watched any of the Olympics. I missed the openning ceremonies (possibly babysitting or doing homework... Or watching Family Guy). I watched parts of whatever was on when ...

    Feb 27, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Math or English?

    I used to always prefer English, but Calculus is growing on me. It kind of disturbs me, actually. I still love English, except when we're analyzing poetry and such for ...

    Feb 25, 2006


'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time