User avatar

kiashana

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Well, after a quick search on Google turned up page after page stating "newborns are not self-aware," I think I can refute your statement. Newborns react to certain stimuli on ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nuclear Iran?

    However, my own stance is that Iran shouldn't be a big worry. Unlike North Korea, it's a rational country and knows full well that a nuclear strike would result in ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Bobo, I'm pretty sure that newborns are self aware. We may not remember anything from that age, but newborns respond to a number of stimulus and recognize their mothers. That's ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    The nazgul dementor topic you've got a point. She borrows stuff from Mythology and a few from Tolkien though. I dont really hold that against her, i like to do ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The B Train

    Nice story - The first time he smelled her was as he muttered, “Its okay,” in reply to her apology. Should be it's as it is contracting "it is." Fresh ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The B Train

    Emma, I'm glad you thought my man wasn't... A girl. I tend to have problems with male characters, so that makes me happy.

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nuclear Iran?

    I'm interested into why India (which has a bad record recently with Pakistan) is in deals with America for nucleaer power and is fully backed by President Bush, and Iran ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    First off, it's impossible to put yourself into the mind of something that doesn't yet have a brain. Secondly, no, I wasn't a child in my mother's womb during the ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    I am very much pro-choice. I am not, however, pro-abortion. There are many cases where I feel that women would be better off either keeping the child (ie accidental pregnancies ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: New Jersey Bill Would Prohibit Anonymous Internet Postings

    That seems a little ridiculous. Isn't it kind of against the spirit of the Internet to force people to identify themselves? So much internet content exists only because the writers ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • General Articles Re: My column, v1. Winning Means Nothing

    Very interesting. I hadn't heard about Russia's actions yet, and I'm just a little horrified, so thanks for making me aware of that. “So what? They’re fighting against Israel” I ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favorites in Classic Literature...

    Yea, I could also use some help defining a classic. But if we can count Pride and Prejudice , I love that book. Oddly enough, I enjoyed The Scarlett Letter ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The B Train

    The B Train The first time he saw her, she was rushing off the subway car in the early morning. A flash of a blue dress and white high-heeled boots ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are Schooldays the Happiest days of ones Life ??????

    I think that while school days may be the easiest days of one's life, I doubt they are the happiest. Sure, my parents pay for everything I need and I ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Stuff You(yes I mean you, not them)Should Know

    Nothing like absolute insanity. That made me smile.

    Mar 4, 2006


I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan