User avatar

khfan890

  • Writers Corner Re: lil help please? choosing an idea for my novel

    I just read the one about Dawn, and it was really good too! So, that or the first one shows a lot of promise, I think. You definitely have talent.

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: lil help please? choosing an idea for my novel

    I've read your first idea and loved it. The third one I haven't, but I'll have to. It sounds good, though. About the second one... That's an interesting ability Andria ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    Alright, I just posted the beginning of it, so if you guys want to check it out, it's in the fantasy forum section.

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    I understand that the agent should not charge me for anything (thank goodness). I found this website and was looking at it. If somebody doesn't mind taking a look at ...

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    Thanks guys! I'm just about to go down that road myself, and dreading it, so good luck in your search! Yes, you won't like it!!! I'm scared to death of ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    Ok, for those of you who haven't read my blog, I just finished my book. Now, how do I go about finding a GOOD agent to help me get it ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Gettin a writer's name

    I'm going to use my real name if I can.

    Feb 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Is my story too chliched?

    The only couple of issues I would have would be the fact that all the kids are thirteen (which is kind of unrealistic, unless you have a very good reason ...

    Feb 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Jasmine's Efforts At Writing

    So you've sent some stuff in for publication, huh? Well, that's neat. I'm working on a story I'm going to send in sometime when I get the rest of it ...

    Feb 1, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Discriptions

    I sort of did what Ayra said with one of my characters. I described a pretty girl from a guy's point of view. Method B, definitely. I used to try ...

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Music & Writing

    Depending on what type of scene I'm writing depends on the type of music I have in the background. I sometimes use music, I sometimes don't. And I hate it ...

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Jasmine's Efforts At Writing

    Are you rewriting your whole second draft? Is this on the computer or handwritten? Also, what section are your stories located in? I want to read them, maybe critique if ...

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many words is the average novel?

    It'll probably only be 130,000 at the most.

    Jan 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many words is the average novel?

    What if it was a few more than 120,000 words? I'm not worried about hitting under the mark.

    Jan 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many words is the average novel?

    I thought one page of word would be about a page in a book. In that case, I have 84 or something like that. I was aiming for about 350 ...

    Jan 25, 2008


But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane