-
Re: Are we really any better than animals?
Lying requires more brain power than telling the truth. It also requires an understanding of ‘truth’ and ‘not truth’. It also demonstrates problem solving abilities: “that ape there has food
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Abortions
I'm quite aware of incurable STDs I just spent a month studying them in sex ed. I was specifically talking about curable STDs and specifically said SOME STDs are curable. ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Existence of Hell
We have visual evidence of the big bang: red shift. It demonstrates that everything is moving away from everything else. We can physically see it happening. What is moving away ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Abortions
You can get treatment for AIDs. It's not cureable, but it's not as dangerous as it used to be. Agreed, and you reaffirmed by point. It's not curable. never said ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Why is the earth so well thought out?
Mutations in their genetics. We see mutations arising in humans populations today; for example, a mutation in the gene-pool of a group of people in Africa has allowed them to ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Abortions
And AIDS is not curable...they're still consequences. As for consequence, it's a matter of opinion, and I don't think it's fair to the baby to be considered a consequence. Consequence=result. ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Abortions
The baby still shouldn't be used as a "consequence" because she had pre-marital sex and she can get pregnant unlike infertile women. So pregnancy should discipline this woman not to ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Why is the earth so well thought out?
What made some have better immune systems then others in the first place? On your point regarding faith: No, your belief is faith, mine is not. Mine is based on ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Abortions
And yes, it is punishment, if you didn't want the child. Just say you kill someone, and you go to jail. Going to jail is a consequence of killing someone, ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Sentient Earth
I'm not even getting into this one. What Derek said I believe. I just noticed one thing: At any rate: God says, "The earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Existence of Hell
Derek, as much as I agree with almost everything you've said, we also don't really have "proof" that God exists either. We're both going on faith, so I'm calling you ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Why is the earth so well thought out?
To everybody: It's all faith, and based on what we have we make our assumptions, okay? Based on the fact that everything is so complex in its-dare I say it?-design, ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Are we really any better than animals?
Please explain to me then the following attributes that can be found in Chimpanzee's living in the wild: - The ability to create and use tools, - Language, - The ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Religious tolerance: what does it mean to you?
- Believing in Creation rather than evolution = fine. - Trying to get Creationism taught in Science class = not fine. -Believing in Evolution rather than Creation=fine -Trying to get ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Existence of Hell
I have respect for other religions (well, kind of. Don't believe them, and I don't really have respect for Islam).
Mar 28, 2008
