User avatar

khfan890

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    You give no proof, just a statement. There is plenty of evidence. Supernovas regularly occur, and we can observe nebulae, which are the earliest stage of stars. These have been ...

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Quote: It's not blatantly false, because the Universe is degenerating, not under construction. All the time stars are exploding and falling to Earth, not getting better. Creation and destruction are ...

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gun Laws

    And Khfan, just because you trust your classmates, does that mean every student should be put in a situation where they are forced to put their lives in the hands ...

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    Totally, dude. lol what's it ever hurt somebody? There's a difference between smacking and abusing. As to the point about if the kid hits somebody, will hitting them back teach ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should we take the troops out of Iraq?

    Kfhan, we have respected your views, you will respect ours. If you are unable to do so, then do not bother to debate politics. There will always be people who ...

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Okay, this is over. I said the whole thing about stop treating me as if I'm younger because you sounded like you were and I'm assuming over one thing. That's ...

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    And so before then, it didn't exist. People just went about daily lives. Time still existed. We just didn't observe it. The sun still rose and set even as it ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    To say he made it all in seven day, suggests he works within a human time frame He was making the Earth, just in case you forgot. I don't think ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should we take the troops out of Iraq?

    Nations are constantly appealing the United States for assistance. If we don't help, we're selfish. If we do help, we're sticking out noses in where they don't belong. That's a ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    God didn't make "day and night" until the fourth day. So, would you believe that God created the world in three twenty-four-hour periods and three unknown amounts of time? Or ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    I always thought that God created all the animals and such, then gave them the ability to evolve. I coould be wrong. It's one of life's mysteries. And I'm fine ...

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Much can we trust science?

    Sureal's right. I think if scientists have a bias before going in, they could alter some stuff and junk like that. But then again, rarely is a scientist without a ...

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Ah yes Khfan, but the bible also says the earth was fixed immovable in the sky; whereas science tells us that the earth orbits around the sun. Could you give ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    I believe take as much of the Bible as you can literally. And thunderdude, while I agree with you on most points, I don't agree with you on God's tool ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gun Laws

    I'll take my chances on being shot with my own weapon if I have one. And about the whole school shooting thing, I think everybody should be allowed to carry ...

    Jul 8, 2008


trust your heart if the seas catch fire (and live by love though the stars walk backward)
— E.E. Cummings