User avatar

joshuapaul

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: 150 Words of Fragility

    Contest entry: 150 Words FOR SALE! Rare Indian Krait; cheap. That is what it said at the top of the page. This for the most part is very concise, you ...

    Aug 19, 2011
  • Questions and Answers Re: Regarding Contest Judging

    I started a contest and the prize structure wasn't typical. I wanted a winner and three runner-ups/highly commended awards. I assumed, because the competition was approved, that the judging format ...

    Aug 19, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Adventures of Emperor Dog the Penguin Dog

    Wow, this isn't bad. I'm not going to critique this with any depth - I simply don't have the time. The writing itself needs a lot of work. I was, ...

    Aug 18, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Love, the Problem

    Thanks Charlie. Very thorough, insightful and you have surfaced a few errors that I will address. Only three points I am still a little confused about. 1) 18 rating. I ...

    Aug 18, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Most Awesome Story Ever

    Okay Mike, I concede. 'liked' - It would be rude not to!

    Aug 17, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lord Confection

    I don't know why I read this. It was all a little silly for my taste, but the fact I read it through without stopping for errors, means it was ...

    Aug 17, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Love, the Problem

    A/N: This is part of a series of short stories I am writing all with a common theme 'What happens when people fall in love.' I wish to draw upon ...

    Aug 17, 2011
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Rebirth. "chapter one"

    Laura seems to have been pretty thorough so I won't nit pick. I will say this though - by the time I finished the first sentence I was done with ...

    Aug 17, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Inter

    Hi there, I wanted to be comprehensive and really weed out the little distractions that blight this piece but it's bed time in Vancouver, and I stumbled upon this by ...

    Aug 17, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Two Flashes on Overcoming Prejudice

    Wow. This is amazing, I think I prefer the first one of the two. With such a demanding word limit even the title has to be carefully considered, and designed ...

    Aug 17, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Two pieces of flash fiction (Redux)

    This looks great!

    Aug 15, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: What Becomes of the Reluctant Hero

    Thanks for the advice. It is all very helpful and I will amend the mistakes. I will briefly make two points about the story, I was hoping I wouldn't have ...

    Aug 13, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: What Becomes of the Reluctant Hero

    A/N: This is part of a series of short stories I am writing with a common theme, What happens when we fall in love What Becomes of the Reluctant Hero ...

    Aug 12, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Fear of the woods

    Oh and by the way, Welcome to YWS!

    Aug 11, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Fear of the woods

    I will assume this is for my contest so I will be reviewing the final product later on. I must ask, what theme did you select? It could be one ...

    Aug 11, 2011


The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening