User avatar

joshuapaul

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted.

    Duplicate , deleted.

    Sep 16, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: :Flashes: (work in progress)

    This needs a lot of work. I'm a kiwi myself - you can call me KiwiJosh if you like - but I live in Canada now and its pretty late ...

    Sep 16, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Bus Stop

    'Cute.'

    Sep 16, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Dream of a Friend Long Gone

    hmm a little sentimental for my taste - not to mention detached and allusive. I did enjoy it some though. For some strange reason I thought this was posted in ...

    Sep 16, 2011
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Footprints On The Beach: Part One

    I'm not so sure about this. Particularly the intro. With such a heart-throbbing mind-twisting premise I would prefer to see action from the get go. Come in to this harder, ...

    Sep 16, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Man Who Could Not Be Seen

    hmm not bad. I hated it at first until I realised the folk, round-the-campfire voice you wanted to emulate. It kind of reads like a fairy tale. Almost. Which is ...

    Sep 15, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Predictable Poem

    I like the title and the first two lines. I also like Florence. I think you need to strengthen it up, douse it with a little imagery. I'm not sure ...

    Sep 14, 2011
  • Other Re: Fluttering Down

    This is lovely. But I have no idea what part is you and what part(s?) are the quoted song. I'm not sure what you want to do with it, so ...

    Sep 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Serpent's Teeth [2]

    I had a lot to say about this as I read but by the time I got to the end, I was so engrossed I seemed to misplace my criticism. ...

    Sep 14, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Labyrinth: Chapter Two

    Kafka, much better than the first chapter in my opinion. You have a unique, clever voice and your prose rolls from the tongue, I want to say something about molasses ...

    Sep 13, 2011
  • Randomosity Re: The Insult the Person above you unless he is Yoda thread

    Razcoon lies, she is not 100 till November. As for Yoda, you have the smallest hands I have ever seen. Yuck.

    Sep 13, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: of the sea

    I could tell you that I don't normally enjoy poetry; I could tell you that I'm not one for the ambiguity of it all, but what does that mean to ...

    Sep 12, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Blood and chocolates

    The lightning flashes through the oh-so-thin window pane pain revealing the casting a shadow of the my pursuer one I have been trying to escape . The sight of her ...

    Sep 12, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Flying

    I would normally be loath to read a 9/11 tribute on the ten year anniversary of 9/11, I'm not one for the sentiment. But it's you, so I read it ...

    Sep 12, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dead Island (Part II)

    Hi there, A figure ran through the dark halls, like a ghost gliding silently over the cold hardwood floors. This is awkward. You start the second clause with 'like' so ...

    Sep 12, 2011


If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"