User avatar

irnbru666

  • General Articles Re: Life is Like Playdough

    Well the words are inspirational, and it sounds good. But the word "playdough" is kind of contradictory in this style. It's almost as if it's too silly of a word ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: she cared when no one else did.....

    I liked this piece, I can see where you were coming from and, as alot of girls would, know those feelings. I'd love if it this piece was extended, so ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My life was changed forever...

    I think this story could be elongated by changing the approach, perhaps inserting a kind of lead up of events to being hit by car, because all the drama is ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Homework Help Re: Chocolat by Joanne Harris

    I'm writing a critical essay on Chocolat by Joanne Harris. I've been asked to choose a novel in which a character appears to change, outline the nature of the change ...

    Jan 10, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hospital

    I am immersed in the sterile stench of this place. I wish I wasn’t here. I wish I didn’t have to be. The noisy rush continues around my solemn stillness ...

    Jan 9, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Carol Ann Duffy or Simon Armitage?

    In reply to Trixy's message, Carol Ann Duffy is a lesbian, and her Before You Were Mine poem is about her mother, before she was a mother. The author takes ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: First Time

    It’s been a couple of weeks now, I probably should, she thought, settling her head against his chest, listening to his heart beat, as they watched a film, intertwined. She ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Archive Re: Gorgeous

    :lol:

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Archive Re: Gorgeous

    She’s like a slice of chocolate cake – I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t help looking. I gaze as her hand rolls across the page, her pen spilling out ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Bridget (UNFINISHED - all critique welcome)

    Overall, for me, what has been flagged up is that I must, must must make things more obvious and consider my poor confused audience :( The daughter was supposed to ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My life was changed forever...

    I think this piece has alot of potential. In a short story, to me, the first lines are where you capture your audience and pull them in, and although your ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Bridget (UNFINISHED - all critique welcome)

    Thanks alot for the critique on my Bridget piece :D I appreciate that you pointed out all my grammatical errors because I wouldn't have noticed them, and I know I ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: this one's about sex

    "Then again, he had dated Rebecca." I like how this sentence is brought out on its own, it makes it look like a bold statement, which it is. Joy compares ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Brothers

    Overall I love how you've portayed that typical kind of brotherly rivalry at the beginning and throughout the story, and at the end brought in the dramatic part where Ralph ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Bridget (UNFINISHED - all critique welcome)

    --------------------- I've only got so far with this but I don't have a feel for where I should take it or end it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated --------------------- ...

    Jan 1, 2007


she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake