Random avatar

ireylcadence

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sand

    Hi. Nice, descriptive poem you've got here. The imagery is great, but I feel like your sentence structure, especially in the beginning, is a bit choppy. Maybe try and vary ...

    Jun 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Don't Call Me James

    It's a nice idea, but I think this can be developed way more. You need a background, and you need more description and imagery. It is a bit too confusing ...

    Jun 27, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Walking

    I'm not sure if you meant for us to pause at the end of the line breaks because if so, at some places, I think they were unnecessary. Por ejemplo: ...

    Jun 27, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Chess

    Her hand cups reverent the ivory piece Its shadow large above the board Where looms her haloed knight gallant Castle for protection And she poises for attack. He lets his ...

    Jun 26, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Off 315

    I like the "broken heart syndrome", though as Snoink mentioned, it's a rather cliched way to approach the topic. Still, I think naming the "disease" is a nice creative twist. ...

    Jun 26, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: With Eyes Alone

    This isn't how I write anymore, but I was wondering if my old angsty style would be better recieved. It's a bit creepy, now that I read it. when our ...

    Jun 26, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: The Young Mind

    Thanks for the critiques! Bubblewrapped, I agree, now that I look back on it, I feel like there should be at least one more stanza between the first and the ...

    Jun 24, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I SEEK...

    Definitely like the structure here. The lines flow well, and it's very readable. The poem seems a bit too blunt though. You are telling, not showing. Perhaps that was your ...

    Jun 24, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Being a Teenager

    It doesn't have to rhyme. However, poems do need to have a rhythm in order to distinguish it from prose. Right now, it's kind of hard to find the flow ...

    Jun 24, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: "Why do I love" you.

    A non-cliche approach to love. Congratulations :) I like this very much, the style, the writing technique, the imagery, all of it. No criticism for you.

    Jun 17, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: The Young Mind

    I spy an everlasting game of strife, An endless, vindictive race of life Chasing in circles of hope as we Pray for a freedom we fear to meet. Now I, ...

    Jun 17, 2010
  • Archive Re: The Effidice

    Sorry, it's been a while, but SAT 2's are coming up and I've been studying like hell. Cain The world looked grainy when I opened my eyes again. "Cain, come ...

    May 30, 2010
  • Archive Re: The Effidice

    Cain In a room with the Eli girl. My body, surprisingly, did not resist when she put me in and closed the door behind us. She gave me a searching ...

    May 24, 2010
  • Archive Re: The Effidice

    Cain God, they had done it. They had actually managed to burst us out. I was willing to let down whatever pretense of pride I had left and actually thank ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Archive Re: Quite Unlike a Fairytale

    Sounds fun. :) Name: Queen of Hearts Age: 34 Appearance: Short, plump, dressed rather matronly for a Queen Picture: Personality: Prevalent Napoleon-complex. Diabolical, and just slightly ditsy. Enjoys

    May 18, 2010


I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor