Random avatar

ireylcadence

  • Other Poetry Re: Trapped Arizona

    Claws of fire distending from her emerald back My Arizona lies beneath the white speck of sun Whose icy blades pierce the glitter of her veins, Green and gold beneath ...

    Dec 13, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In my World

    If you're not feeling depressed, then there is no need to pretend you are--poems don't need to be depressing to be emotional! Write about what you're truly thinking and feeling, ...

    Dec 11, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Glance of Anger

    Let's fix some grammar points: He who has been eaten by anger, Sticking his pride out like a finger ; No mercy will be drawn out of him, Singing like ...

    Dec 11, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Glance of Anger

    Sorry, posted twice.

    Dec 11, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Nickolvia

    Would this be related to Black Beauty? (I'm referencing the only literature about horses I know). I see a lot of potential here. But there are some confusing elements, as ...

    Dec 10, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Blurbs.

    Simple and sweet. I like these very much. Since your title for these is "blurbs", are you planning on expanding from here? They all look like they can be great ...

    Dec 10, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Clementine

    Polished peel rounds a burnished burst Of hybridized cloying Clementine An oblong spheroid in curving orbit Between and beneath the creviced terrain (Still foreign to the heels of time) Of ...

    Dec 10, 2010
  • Other Re: A Prayer for a Pitcher

    Creative. The best ideas can come from the most random things :) Certainly very good questions to ask a pitcher. I enjoyed the smooth transition from slightly comical to much ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Sparkling Juipiter.

    Hey, would this be inspired by Train's "Drops of Jupiter", by any chance? Anyways, lovely poem here. Strong and effective imagery, especially the first two lines (though watch out for ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Cantu Hominum (The Song of Men) EDIT

    Thank you very much for taking your time to review this. Your comments were quite helpful. :)

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Womens Suffage Child

    As an American, I'm not really familiar with the Canadian Women's suffrage movements, so I can't offer any comments on historical accuracy and the like. On the writing though, I ...

    Nov 16, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Rosie Bud

    I loved this!The ending was certainly a snappy surprise, especially since your beginning made it seem like it would be something a bit more serious. The imagery is great--you really ...

    Nov 16, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Well, I'm back

    Same situation, welcome back to you! :) Congratulations to you, and this is a very nice little poem to celebrate. As Lumi said, watch out for some little nit-picky things. ...

    Nov 16, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Cantu Hominum (The Song of Men) EDIT

    I do not remember how I came hence, into this pitted earth--entrenched And caked in dust revered as bones, enwreathed in matted undertones, Repeating, since embryo, since fetal light--repeating a ...

    Nov 16, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A Nostalgic Man

    First things first, the second line is grammatically incorrect. You might want to replace "no ordinary" with "unordinary" or something of the like. Second, though the poem itself flowed very ...

    Jun 27, 2010


The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter - if you realize it's a bad idea when you're halfway down, it's too late.
— Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune