User avatar

inkwell

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Beckon.

    Tiresome alliteration, meaningless names, and redundant repetition... You asked for it. :p For those reasons alone I'd suggest going back to the drawing board, so to speak. It's good that ...

    Oct 19, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Poetry was here

    Over- -Head This poem was intelligently rhythmic and had an oracular but human voice. The surreal imagery is the emotional underscore for me when I read it. One thing I ...

    Oct 17, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Mother May I

    Hey, dante. First I want to address some technical stuff. Your style is inconsistent. At parts you capitalize the first letter of a line, and at other parts you don't. ...

    Oct 17, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Late Autumn

    Hello mello! I enjoyed reading your poem because the pacing was just as if dog-walking and your descriptions were clear and transposing. I think some editing is in order, trim ...

    Oct 17, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Quand à la Lune...

    I started a French course this year but I'm not competent enough to give you a review worthy of the name. I would suggest dropping a link in the French ...

    Oct 17, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Indefinite Blue

    Unbroken sorrow swan-scattered in a dice-throw— you outlive yourself.

    Oct 16, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Empty

    Edited The air is a billowing thicket of acrylic heat, since no AC saves four-dollar-gasoline for jaydrivers in the zenith of their days, those days when driving left feels right— ...

    Oct 15, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: The Good Music Blog

    Awesome, can't wait for next week. *follows*

    Oct 15, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Oblong Houses

    bumped so you might get another review :) On the swings kicking higher and higher, gazelle legs running into the sun and surf This image is fantastic. The lines' rhythm ...

    Oct 12, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Oblong Houses

    Not sure I'm grasping the winter's night simile, but overall this is a charming poem. I'll come back for more, perhaps. :)

    Oct 12, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Deux poèmes

    Lumi is probably right, so for now I'm only reviewing the first poem. I may come back to tackle the second though! :) Opening couplet and following two lines are ...

    Oct 11, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: With Love, From Albany

    Hello, Lumi! :) This is great here. First stanza is fantastic. Overall you've achieved some excellent imagery, tone, and voice. I get that this is a letter addressed to someone. ...

    Sep 30, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Saxophones in Fall

    Jasmine perfumes the woolly foreboding which waxes o'er the balcony, rails, lawn chairs, trails of suburban-blue and me and you. The moon marbles and bobs like yolk in the milky ...

    Sep 24, 2011
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Professor Morgenstern

    Good Evening, Apple Core! :p The introduction was very well done. But why would a genius problem-solver not just invent a coffee maker for home? I get that you're saying ...

    Sep 21, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Nate's Outburst

    A screenshot would have been more appropriate. Considering the questionable nature of this, I'm not sure if I should believe that's an accurate quote. Not to mention these complaints should ...

    Sep 16, 2011


Some people are hourglass shaped, some people are apple shaped, some people are pear shaped, some people are even bean pole shaped, but if we’re not careful we all become banana shaped. This is your gentle posture reminder.
— Ranger