User avatar

hprules13

  • Writing Tips Re: I can't finish!

    Basically it just challenges writers to finish a 50,000 word novel in one month. As far as finishing a story goes, I agree with what Sam said. I've had the ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Giving up

    I had a talk with my mom a long time ago about her reading my stuff. I'll let her read it, but she has to accept that it's my book ...

    May 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: To outline or not to outline?

    I usually outline the basics of what I want to happen in each chapter, but I leave them in bullet form. I think the whole book has a better flow ...

    Mar 18, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Where Does Writing Hide?

    - in the woods in winter among the bare trees - in the sunset I can see when I walk down the road behind my house - in the things ...

    Feb 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: First and Third person

    The Pendragon books switch perspective throughout the book. I think it works well and the books definitely keep me interested. At first it was kind of confusing for me trying ...

    Oct 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating Fantasy Worlds, Characters, and Creatures

    That link helped me so much with building my world. Half of the stuff it asked I had never given much, if any, thought and probably wouldn't have.

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Soundtrack to Your Story

    I think all writers are a bit crazy. Though the real word is eccentric. lol Yes, I prefer eccentric. That's a really good idea, I'm going to have to try ...

    Aug 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    Guys crying always upsets me more than girls crying. Yeah, I know what you mean too. This year for my eighth grade trip we went to the Holocaust Museum in ...

    May 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to write chapters...

    I'll definitely use this for future chapters. I have trouble sticking to the main idea without adding useless detail. Hopefully that problem will cease with these tips.

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Young writer has problems

    I'm writing about people older than me too. I try to just watch people that age. Like a T.V. show or real people. If I get really desperate sometimes I'll ...

    Feb 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: I Need Help

    Thanks for the help. I think I'll try some of those and see which one fits better with the characters.

    Feb 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: I Need Help

    My two main characters are 15 years old. One is a boy and one is a girl. The boy has a crush on the girl and wants to tell her. ...

    Feb 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    Those were good ideas about the phone book and blending two names together. I can find first names easily but I always have trouble with last names.

    Jan 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: On vs. Onto

    I usually just put which one sounds better in the sentence. I'm sure that's not the correct way to use them but it's worked for me so far.

    Jan 22, 2006


Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves