User avatar

housecat

  • Narrative Poetry Re: She is

    I enjoyed reading this poem, and I must say that you did a pretty good job. I like the whole purpose behind it. I have also befriended people who were ...

    Dec 26, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hidden is She

    It surprises me that you are new to this. This is a very nice piece. I loved the way you wrote this and I love the message it shares. At ...

    Aug 31, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: A Girl's Life

    I personally don't find it too confusing. I found my own meaning when I read it. I don't know if that is within your intentions, but hey, art is what ...

    Aug 31, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Broken

    This sounds like skyscraper. It's good to feel inspiration, but you can't copy what you hear. You need more than anything, to be inspired by your feelings. We all know ...

    Aug 23, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Day In, Day Out

    Hey! Here as you requested (: I like the honesty the poem has. The emotions are obviously very raw and very vulnerable, which can be good sometimes. I like the ...

    Aug 23, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: In A Second

    I think that this is pretty nice! It was a creative idea. I don't want to get too grammatical but there was one paragraph that bothered me. Then I saw ...

    Aug 23, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Words breaking free

    I like the topic, and I'm sure that plenty of others will, but this gets a little messy at parts. On the second stanza you begin to rhyme and it's ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: DELETE

    Very nice! So as a lot of people have said, it was a relational topic. Some days you just wake up and you notice how much we judge each other ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • WRFF Archive Re: free reviews all around

    me!

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Best Friends

    This has a nice topic but it just wasn't detailed or grammatically correct. I noticed that somebody already pointed that out so I'm just going to shut my trap. We've ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lost

    I like the overall intent and I'm defiantly not saying that there's anything that you absolutely need to change about this. A poem is a poem and some critique just ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Grace

    This was very beautiful and that's all I really want to say. I hope nobody tries to harshly critique this and mold it into something it isn't. It flowed nicely ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Anything and everything.

    I'm new to this, but I need your honest opinions and all the advice I can get! These fall in no specific category, just things I took around the house ...

    Aug 21, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Rescue Romance

    Since I have no idea what the contest was, this seemed extremely random and it made me giggle uncontrollably inside. Thank you!

    Aug 2, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Bunny :)

    So cute! What type of camera do you have? I think it would be nicer if you slightly cropped it around the edges. You could blur the grass around the ...

    Aug 1, 2011


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate