User avatar

hellstrife

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Influences?

    I have a lot of important influences, but the single most important is Susan Cooper. Sure, Tolkien, Rowling, Poe, Lovecraft, and others have shaped what I think of as "good ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Good Vampire Books

    Have you read the Vampire Hunter D series by Hideyuki Kikuchi? It's a pretty unique series, if you like stories about vampires you'll probably enjoy it. Plus they're illustrated by ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Gene Wolfe

    Has anybody else read anything by this guy? I had been hearing lots of great things about his writing, and I finally had the time on my hands to start ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis

    This is definitely my favorite work by CS Lewis. The Chronicles of Narnia are just ok, but this is one of the greatest modern theological books. Somewhat ironically, I would ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    I really love Harry Potter, and not because I like "watered-down prose with action". Everything about is fantastic, the plot, world, characters, etc. Granted it has certain similarities to The ...

    Oct 31, 2006


There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart